WnSoft Forums

Mac Version ?

Jimcamel

Could you comment on the plans for a native Mac version ?  I'm looking to transition away from PS Producer - and it is one of the last reasons I keep a virtual machine running on my Mac....so given the likelihood of PS Producer disappearing - if I'm going to transition it would be nice to make the move to a native Mac version, as well.

thanks, jc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We're working on Mac version. Right now we're rewriting OpenGL code to Metal graphics according Apple's recommendations. When we finish this work Beta version will be ready.

Beta version will be available for all registered members on this forum.

• 2 months later...

I'm eager to hear of the beta release too.  All the best to the development team who can work, hopefully, at a safe distance from one another thanks to teleworking on their computers.

(I have nothing to add, as in fact I only wanted to be "notified of replies" but did not find how? without taking part in the discussion). 

Hi,

Sorry for a late response. We had an excellent progress with Mac developement past weeks. Now we're fully concentrated on Mac version of PTE 10. And I hope that Beta version for Mac will be available this summer.

Tomorrow, we'll receive a new ordered iMac 21.5" 4K to speed up the development. Also we have iMac 21.5 4K (Late 2015), Mac mini Late 2012, and my personal Macbook 12 for testing. 

PTE for Mac will require macOS 10.12 Sierra or newer (High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina). Probably it will work even on macOS El Capitan 10.11. All Macs Late 2012 or newer will be supported. PTE for Mac uses a modern Metal 3D graphics for maximum performance. 

Now I'll inform you more frequently about the development.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

We have a great progress with Mac version past 6 weeks. Today I've built the first installation package (DMG) with PTE which passed all Apple's checkings for distribution of the app through our website. It means that the main code of PTE is ready. I expect a public Beta version this July or August. Now we're fixing last known problems. PTE for Mac will require macOS 10.11 El Capitan or newer.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:46 PM, Igor said:

Hi,

We have a great progress with Mac version past 6 weeks. Today I've built the first installation package (DMG) with PTE which passed all Apple's checkings for distribution of the app through our website. It means that the main code of PTE is ready. I expect a public Beta version this July or August. Now we're fixing last known problems. PTE for Mac will require macOS 10.11 El Capitan or newer.

Great news.  Thank you, Igor.