WnSoft Forums

Suggestions for compatible TV (USA)

Ron67

I have had issues with compatibility of the High Quality 30P 4K files, particularly if I use hardware acceleration. If I choose 60P, the playback shows a frame, jumps ahead to another frame etc. making it unusable.   Am I expecting too much?  Is anyone using 4K 60P High Quality and HW acceleration with success?   My current TV is a Samsung UN65KS850D and only a couple of years old.  I'm not eager to upgrade, but I really want to view my shows at their finest.

Ron,

Technology moves very quickly. What is compatible today may not be so in six months. Although a two year old television might have been totally compatible with codecs two years ago, today it may not. It's the price we pay for progress. PTE uses the latest and best methods of encoding and unless your TV is connected to the internet for frequent driver updates, being two years old it may be very much out of date. My own TV is ten years old and very much outdated for not only the latest video codecs but even for the latest Bluray videos. I've never had it connected to the internet so I don't know if it would be more compatible today but being less than 4K It couldn't be expected to play 4K videos. 

Your system, if it has the latest drivers, is supposedly compatible with the following:

Lin

Samsung UN65KS850D 

samgsungspecs.jpg

Thanks, Lin!  The TV software is up to date.  I carried two thumb drives to three different stores today.  The only television that would play the show done at High Quality, 60P using hardware acceleration was a Sony XBR-65A8G which unfortunately was priced at $3500 (US).  Therefore I am spending the evening running more tests, lol.

Thanks again for the help!

Ron