WnSoft Forums

Text

Rosemary A

Hi Rosemary,

The outline you see in the video was done by the style created by Manuel (MUR) called "Cut Out" -  There are no provisions in PTE for directly creating an outline (called "strike" in Photoshop) around your text. The easiest way is to create your text in Photoshop and apply a "strike" in your choice of colors and/or sizes. There are ways to use text in PTE where you create the same word in a different color and size. You do it one letter at a time rather than an entire word. You then duplicate the character in a slightly larger size and different color and place the one you want to outline with on the layer beneath the one to be outlined. You can also use "bold" to make the outlined layer slightly larger and brighter, but if you are just beginning to learn PTE, I would strongly recommend you do outlines by "strike" using Photoshop or other text editor then transfer that text as a PNG file with transparency to PTE.

To select a text color at the beginning of a project rather than do it individually on each slide you must do it through "text comment." You select "Project" "Project Options" then "Defaults."  Click on "Customize Fonts" button then choose font, color and size and any other characteristics desired and when finished click on "Apply to All Slides."  Then enter your text for the slide as a "Text Comment" and go to Objects and Animations to position and size the text as desired by manipulating the object "Text Comment" there.

Best regards,

Lin

Please substitute the correct word "Stroke" wherever you see "strike" above ....

Firstly, congratulations on the recovery from the stroke. A lot of hard work and determination. Let's hope I can apply the same to PTE...

I am disappointed about the lack of outline ability in PTE as I tend to use text on images during my shows. The outline makes the text easier to read. However onwards...

Thanks for the instruction re maintaining the text colour. I shall use it a lot!

Thank you once again,

Rosemary

Rosemary,

There IS one other way you can make a text outline in PTE. It's certainly not as good as "Stroke" in Photoshop, but you may want to try it. Here's a screenshot from PTE 9, same with PTE 10. Use it as shown in the picture. You can, of course change the color from black to any other...

Best regards,

Lin

shadow.jpg

Hi Rosemary,

Sorry I gave you outdated information. My newer Windows system has been down for a while for installation of a new video card and a new display and I completely forgot that Igor had made this new text feature allowing a different default for font, color, etc.,  You no longer need to use Text Comment to make these changes universal. They will stay from project to project until you change the default.

Best regards,

Lin

Rosemary,

Here is a quick style I created for you.  Select all slides you wish to type text in BEFORE putting in any text and apply this style.  It will outline the text I have created and place it on each slide selected. Just go to Objects and Animations and replace the text I have with the text you wish. Apply any font or whatever your defaulted font, size, position, animation, etc., and it will all be  outlined. 

Best regards,

Lin

Outline Text.ptestyle

• Igor changed the title to Text

Hi Rosemary,

I suspect you have selected the wrong style  This looks like Dave's demo style which shows you "how" to do this and creates two slides...

My style once you import it should be found under the category Lin's Text... Try downloading it and installing it again.. Here it is...

Best regards,

Lin

Outline Text.ptestyle

• Igor changed the title to Text