WnSoft Forums

Mac-PTE

Laszlo K

Laszlo,

I have only today asked Igor to post a thread giving users up to date info on this.

The whole team are working 24/7 on the MAC version and it is quite a challenge, but hopefully he will be able to give some information from time to time.

DG

Hi,

We're working on Mac version. Right now we're rewriting OpenGL code to Metal graphics according Apple's recommendations. When we finish this work Beta version will be ready.

Beta version will be available for all registered members on this forum.

Many stumbling blocks have been overcome by the Wnsoft development team in the progress of a full MacIntosh version. Igor plainly answered your question above:

Lin

===================================

"Hi,

We're working on Mac version. Right now we're rewriting OpenGL code to Metal graphics according Apple's recommendations. When we finish this work Beta version will be ready.

Beta version will be available for all registered members on this forum."

====================================

Peter,

No explanation for the time it takes to launch a totally new software in a new language with all the intricacies of PTE is needed. It takes however long it takes. Apparently you've never done software development or you would understand this. As a former software developer myself, I'm amazed at how quickly the development team was able to code in a totally new language compatible with both Apple and Microsoft on two platforms while continuing current development of PTE.  It took Microsoft over three years to upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10 and they have nearly 150,000 people and virtually unlimited resources. Wnsoft has seven total employees and PTE is a complex product.  

Be happy that the Mac version is nearing beta rather than scolding Wnsoft for the time necessary to code for this. They work tirelessly to give users the very best presentation slideshow software available. 

Best regards,

Lin 

• 4 weeks later...

I am grateful to all the people who are doing this task. As a Mac user running Windows 10 under “Bootcamp” I have found Windows an awkward system to use . OK for those accustomed to it.

I tried the PTE 10 (AV-Studio) but it will not run possibly because my version of Windows 10 is 32bit.

So, I await the Mac version with eager anticipation!