WnSoft Forums

New Cameras

davegee

It has some nice video improvement, but IMHO they should have kept the internal flash. They are probably hoping to defray some of the cost by increased external flash sales. I doubt the increase in fps using live view will mean much to users. The shutter speed increase and especially the long exposure increase will probably be welcome for those who like to shoot astro images... It can probably get some nice star-tracks with that significantly increased exposure time and significantly increased  ISO.

The cost is going to limit many who will be just as happy with a D750 I think. I'm happy with my D700 for the vast majority of what I do.

Best regards,

Lin

The lack of Flash probably partly accounts for the increase in Battery Life (in their calculations).

Also the current trend from Nikon is to get away from their CLS Flash Control and into Unified Flash.

I can live without the built in flash in my Z6 and still use my CLS Flashes so I do not see that as a big problem. Perhaps they are hoping that it will persuade people to upgrade to their new SB-5000/500 flashes.

They are comparing the D750 to the Z6/7 so I do not think there is enough reason for me to upgrade. 

I will be putting an order in for the new 70-200 f2.8 S Lens on Thursday morning if all goes according to plan.

DG