WnSoft Forums

Text size

Rosemary A

PTE is not a text editor, it treats text as any other object & sizes it depending on the number of characters.
I also wish we could set a font size & also different colours within the same text object.
To have different words in different colours you have to have seperate objects.
Hopefully V11 will offer improvements in text

The easiest way at the moment is to set the text how you want for 1 slide.
Then copy & paste that to the other slides & just change the wording.

However if the number of lines & words are very different, then you will still have to resize using the zoom parameter.

Jill

Here are 2 alternative ways you could go, using Photoshop (PS)

1) Type your text into a simple text editor. Open PS, and create a new image of appropriate size (dimension). Add a text layer, and copy your text into this layer. Though PS is not a text editor like MS Word or LibreOffice Writer, PS has much more text features than PTE. Arrange the text in PS as you like it. You may use the layer properties to add shadows etc. Then delete the opaque background layer or make it invisible, and you will see your text with transparent background. Export the layer as a PNG-image for using in PTE. Save the layer in PS as a PSD-file for later use.

2) Prepare the text for a slide on a page in LibreOffice Writer. Take care that the your document does not have a background. Export the document as PDF. Import the PDF into PS and render it at an appropriate size (choose the outer frame). You will get an image with your text on a transparent background. Export it as a PNG-image. Save the original text as an ODT-file for later use.

You may use the text images in PTE.

Hi,

If you want a behaviour like a text editor, set the zoom according to the number of lines in the text object.

For example: zoom 5% for one line, 15% for three lines, 50 % for 10 lines, etc

or zoom 4% for one line, 12% for three lines, 40 % for 10 lines, etc

Denis

Thank you everyone. I am going to try all of your suggestions. My Graphic program(Corel PaintShop Pro) is capable of making layers. Just have to figure out which works best - rastor or vector layers. If I can get satisfactory results within PTE it would be so much easier to edit - especially my creative spelling!

Here's hoping for a text editor in the next version of PTE.

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary,

Just spell a word purposely wrong and you will hear a "boink" sound as soon as you hit the space bar after the word. With PTE you won't be given choices of words to try like you would if you were using a text editor, but it will immediately tell you when you spell the word incorrectly. Add text and change the word text to taxt and you will hear the "you've made a spelling error sound" If you try making a mistake here in the forum you can then highlight the incorrectly spelled word and right click for a choice of words.

Best regards,

Lin

Ronniebootwest, Please remember that I am a beginner.

I just downloaded the program from CNet. After reading the options, the download is at the bottom of the page.

It downloads into your computer as a separate program - no need to set a pathway from PTE. It works on any text/program you are using.

I love it, Thanks again Lin.

Rosemary

http://www.tinyspell.com/