WnSoft Forums

Change in AB transition time changes slide duration...

goddi

Greetings,

I am starting a new project. I've run into this problem before and worked around them but it does not seem that it should be this way.

I dropped and arranged all my images and video clips into the Slide List. The default AB transition was 2 seconds and the default slide duration was 5 seconds. Now that I see what I have to work with, I changed the AB transition to 1.5, but the slide duration automatically changed to 4.5. First question is, why would you want the already set slide duration to be affected by a simple change in the AB transition time? Why can they not be independently set in Project Options?

(Yes, I know I can highlight all the slides and then change the AB transition time to 4.5, without affecting the slide duration, but why does the change in Project Options have to affect the slide duration?)

Then, if I change the slide duration back to 5 seconds (in Project Options), it changes not only the still images but also the duration of all the video clips. Can we make it so changes in the Slide  Duration be applied to only still images in Project Options?

So, to avoid these problems, I have to do these adjustments pretty much slide-by-slide or in groups of slides. Not to mention that if I want a border around each slide and video clip, there is not global way to do it.

I'll sure one response will be to use Styles, but these basic fundamental steps should not need Styles, which can lead to removal of other things already added in O&A.

Is there a way to avoid these type of problems?

Gary

Just checked to see if it had been selected. I thought I had it unchecked but I see it has been checked in Preferences. I haven't had a chance yet to see what the effect would be after I uncheck it. But I didn't think that KFSD, being checked, would cause these effects. Does it?

Gary

Assume you have a sequence of slides, all with duration 5.0 sec, and with transition time 2.0 sec, and all having KFSD. If you highlight all of them, open the Slide options and change the transition time for all slides to 1.5 sec. Then all slides (except the last one) will show a duration of 5.5 sec. If you choose 2.5 sec for the transition time, the slides show a duration of 4.5 sec. Is it magic? No, it is the wonderful concept of KFSD :ph34r:

Greetings,

Ok, yesterday, I went into Settings/Preferences and unchecked 'Keep full slide duration'. I assumed that would do  the trick to undo that setting in my Project. However, today, I happened to double-click on some images in the Slides and I see that every one of the images still have the 'Keep full slide duration' checked.

Seems I have  to uncheck each of the 100+ images I have in the Slides, one by one? Tell me it  ain't so.

Is there a way to globally get rid of the KFSD that has been checked for each image in the Slides?

Gary

Lin,  I had saved it yesterday before unchecking it. I discovered that it was checked and then I unchecked it in Settings/Preferences and re-saved it. The KFSD for each image does not get removed.

I now see that the KFSD setting is for the 'Default options for new slides', so unchecking it would not, apparently, remove the existing setting already put into each image in the Slides. :(

So it seems I have to undo it image by image...

Gary

14 minutes ago, goddi said:

Hard to remember all these 'tricks'.

It is a kind of a general principle. You can highlight several slides in the slide list, and can change settings simultaneously (via the slide options). In O&A you can highlight several objects, and change their properties simultaneously. In O&A you can also highlight several keyframes of various objects, and you can set animation parameters simultaneously ...

4 minutes ago, jt49 said:

It is a kind of a general principle. You can highlight several slides in the slide list, and can change settings simultaneously (via the slide options). In O&A you can highlight several objects, and change their properties simultaneously. In O&A you can also highlight several keyframes of various objects, and you can set animation parameters simultaneously ...

JT...Yea, I 'knew' that but I had never applied it to getting rid of the 'KFSD' before. If you don't use it often, it tends to hide in the dark recesses of the brain. Thanks for setting me straight.

Gary