WnSoft Forums

Audio track

cead

Frans

If you read French, the manual by Jean-Charles Pizolatto is free to download and it gives the answer page 88 of 196 (paragraph "5.8.3 Les points clés audio"): <<Le choix, % ou décibels se fait dans Paramètres / Préférences / Ligne de temps>>

https://files.wnsoft.com/pteavstudio/user-guides/10.0/Guide-technique-de-PTE-AV-Studio-10-FR.pdf

Thank you, Dave G, for the link to the English  manual.

It is quite unfortunate that the SEARCH engine is too coarse to find the keyword "decibel", while "decibels" (with the plural) returns two "hits" and the required information.

Maybe there is a setting I have not seen for "partial match" during the search ?

decibels-TwoHits.thumb.png.8482011f4e796fbb8701ff58b317ef7d.png

decibel-NoHit.thumb.png.6ac0037221aa57f9f8105bb75103588d.png

1 hour ago, jmG-06100 said:

Thank you, Dave G, for the link to the English  manual.

It is quite unfortunate that the SEARCH engine is too coarse to find the keyword "decibel", while "decibels" (with the plural) returns two "hits" and the required information.

Maybe there is a setting I have not seen for "partial match" during the search ?

It always pays to read the Instructions, or in this case, the Search Tips where the method for partial searches is explained.

*deci* finds it easy enough. OTOH, searching for an alternative, like "percent" would have found it.

https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/10.0/searchtips/main

DG

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.a7630dd663a8253775fb5d5838db4605.jpg

You can put a "*" before AND after any group of letters in the search term and it should find it. 

Try *deci* - it works fine and does not matter that there is nothing before the "d".

If the search term is not there, obviously it will not find it, but I could easily hide "dB" somewhere on the page to cover all eventualities.

Try *dB* now.

It brings up the other possibilities as well as what you are really looking for.

DG

11 hours ago, davegee said:

(...) I could easily hide "dB" somewhere on the page to cover all eventualities.

Try *dB* now.

It brings up the other possibilities as well as what you are really looking for.

DG

Many Thanks, Dave, for your reactivity and the inclusion of "dB" within the article.  I did not expect such care for the keyword I tried initially.  Great stuff and thanks again.