WnSoft Forums

Notifications not received?

Dewcal

Having just joined the forum and asked my first question (which was answered in excellent fashion) I find that I am not getting email notifications when the topic received a reply.  I "think" I have ticked everything to say I should receive emails (and checked my email address) but nothing is coming through to my mailbox or spam folders.

The one thing I have not checked is any of the "social media" options as I don't have any (boring, I know!). I do have "notify me of replies" checked.

Is there anything I should do to get these notifications? I don't have the browser running 24/7 as I close it down every time I am finished with it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Igor,

Thanks for getting back to me. On checking the second link, both topics I have posted in I am shown as "have email sent for notifications" yet nothing arrives.

On the first link, there is a warning box about Firefox blocking notifications but do not see what that has to do with not receiving emails?  Especially as I always close my browser when finished a session.

I have also checked the "email" tab for the notifications / updates I require. Some options are greyed out so am unable to change these.

Still confused as to why nothing is coming through via email.

Dave,

I know that some email servers don't receive our emails from some reason. I plan to reconfigure the server within next 2 weeks. And perform all recommendations to improve email delivery. It may help for your case. Just wait a little.

DG, I appreciate sentiment of staying logged in - not only do I exit the browser every time I am finished with it, I even switch off the PC if away for an hour or more....

Igor, happy to wait for your work to complete.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 7:35 PM, Dewcal said:

Having just joined the forum and asked my first question (which was answered in excellent fashion) I find that I am not getting email notifications when the topic received a reply.  I "think" I have ticked everything to say I should receive emails (and checked my email address) but nothing is coming through to my mailbox or spam folders.

The one thing I have not checked is any of the "social media" options as I don't have any (boring, I know!). I do have "notify me of replies" checked.

Is there anything I should do to get these notifications? I don't have the browser running 24/7 as I close it down every time I am finished with it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

We updated the forum software and server yesterday. Delivery of email notifications should be greatly improved. Let me know about results.