WnSoft Forums

mp4 output for Android [SOLVED]

Dewcal

I am trying to publish a 470 image file which is using a 3 sec AB fade transition without any motion / movement etc.  Each image has been sized at 1920x1080 and saved as high quality jpeg prior to insertion into the show.

When trying to publish 1280x720, medium quality, 30fps (Video for mobile devices) the resulting files cannot be played on Android 9 (Cosmo communicator) using VLC player. I have rendered file with and without hardware acceleration to no avail - the screen remains black.

I have also rendered a 1920x1080 version and this will not play back on my PC with the attached image.

Using v10.0.0 build 4.

In both cases earlier versions (with only 200 or so images) played okay.  Is there a file limit in PTE / mp4?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Android_mp4.PNG

Dave,

What file size of created MP4 videos?

Can you send me your project? All files in a ZIP archive. See the main menu > File > Create backup in a ZIP.

You can upload to https://send.firefox.com/ or WeTransfer.com service and send me a download link in a personal message.

I just tested a short 26 seconds project. And with all parameters video files can be played in Windows 10 Movies & TV app. And also in VLC player in Android 10 (Nokia 7 Plus).

Can you also create a short test project (30-40 seconds) and check on your Android smartphone?

Igor,

I have managed to make a mp4 from "HD & 4K" as 1920x1080, medium quality, 30fps without using hardware acceleration and this resulted in a massive file size of 1.9Gb and this plays back both on PC and Android (VLC).

The zip file is close to 1Gb which will take me a long time to upload on a 1Mbs upload!

Will try a shorter version...

Try to create a video smaller than 2 GB. Check the Sample Project.

I justed created two videos from Sample Project using HD & 4K option and Mobile option. 52 and 78 MB

Both files played fine on Huawei Mate 9 (2016) with Android 9 in VLC player.

Igor,

I am pleased to say that I have managed to get a mp4 version to run on my Android.  Leaving the laptop overnight and starting fresh with hardware acceleration off (medium quality) seemed to work ok.

Thanks.

• Igor changed the title to mp4 output for Android [SOLVED]