WnSoft Forums

.MP4 thumbnail image

Rosemary A

Hi Rosemary,

Do you mean thumbnail images of video clips in the File panel of the main window in PTE AV Studio?

If I remember rightly, PTE displays a video frame from 0:03s time position, because the first frame usually contains a back picture.

Igor,

To be able to actually CHOOSE which frame is selected for the thumbnail is already a request for a future version.  Depending on the way that I generate an MP4 file (with or without Hardware Accceleration) a different image is chosen.  Indeed, the first frame is often a BLACK screen and that should not be the default thumbnail.

https://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/topic/22663-choice-of-video-vignette/

Hello Rosemary

If you have a version of Adobe/Lightroom available, you could finalise your project with PTE and then open the resulting *.MP4 file with Lightroom and select the frame to be used as thumbnail, as briefly described in the other topic: 22663-choice-of-video-vignette/.

• 2 years later...

Hello everybody
I have just tried my suggestion to Rosemary, but it does NOT work: Lightroom can be told which image to display for a given video, but that is a feature within Lightroom and the original video file is not changed: Same vignette as before.

Definetly a feature I would like to find in a future revision: to be able to choose which image in the video appears in the MS/Windows explorer (or Finder with Mac).

• Like 1

Many thanks, Xenoflex2 (and to Barry of course) as that's exactly what I was looking for.  MP4 Cover or Vignette or Icon or Thumbnails...  Different words for the same topic in this case.  That makes the "search" a bit difficult