WnSoft Forums

Send me TIFF images

Igor

Hi Igor

I shoot my photos in RAW format and can convert them to TIFF to give you some samples, if that is useful; Please tell me.

Please specify the Colour space you wish: ProPhoto (my native full gamut colour space), Adbobe-RGB, or sRGB.  8bits or 16 bits per channel?

Jean-Marc,
Dave,

Thanks! Our decoders could open all your TIFF images.

We can support TIFF:

1. One or several layers. 

2. LZW or ZIP compression. Or no compression.

3. RGB or grayscale images

4. Order of pixels RGBRGB or RRGGBB

5. Format: IBM PC or Macintosh

6. Transparency

Not supported in TIFF:

- TIFF with JPEG compression

- Pages, only 1st page is loaded

- Color profiles (need more time to investigate how to extract ICC profiles)

You will find a TIFF file from the Nikon Z6

http://bga.cga.free.fr/Poste/2001_Janvier/200207_084715.TIF

This TIFF file is typical from all the Nikon DSLR.
I remind everybody that using a tiff file on a DSLR is counterproductive, but it will be a good point to have PTE supporting this format.

In my opinion, if we want to please to the Proshow users, this is not the main point.
Proshow users generally incorporate in their projects full size images, from 24 to 100 Mo each.
When proshow creates an exe file, Proshow creaye for each view JPG images at the appropriate size according to the defined screen project.
It would be nice to have this option in PTE generations.

17 minutes ago, Tonton Bruno said:

You will find a TIFF file from the Nikon Z6

http://bga.cga.free.fr/Poste/2001_Janvier/200207_084715.TIF

This TIFF file is typical from all the Nikon DSLR.

Bruno,

Thanks, this TIFF loads fine.

18 minutes ago, Tonton Bruno said:

I remind everybody that using a tiff file on a DSLR is counterproductive, but it will be a good point to have PTE supporting this format.

Yes. JPEG images load faster. And for JPEG PTE can use a special optimization loading image much faster according screen resolution.

20 minutes ago, Tonton Bruno said:

In my opinion, if we want to please to the Proshow users, this is not the main point.
Proshow users generally incorporate in their projects full size images, from 24 to 100 Mo each.
When proshow creates an exe file, Proshow creaye for each view JPG images at the appropriate size according to the defined screen project.
It would be nice to have this option in PTE generations.

Interesting observation. Thanks. 

But maybe too late? Because video output becomes more popular now.

Perhaps you could go one step further. An advantage of AV programs over Video Editors is hardware rendering in the timeline (instead of pre-rendering). So why not having the option of pre-calculated images for the timeline preview (as provided by Wings and m.objects)?

I can see TIFF import as a convenience for users not wishing to convert. It doesn't mean PTE can't convert to an internal format. I hope some day PTE will support 10 bit HDR videos and some of the  other lossless formats like CineForm and ProRes for both input and output and also RGBA.

Tom