WnSoft Forums

TextWithSize [SOLVED]

Barry Beckham

In another thread Andreas reported an issue regarding text. See below

https://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/topic/22782-inserted-blank-scene-shows-textwithsize/?tab=comments#comment-146489

I think he may have stumbled on a bug in the software, but I'm not sure.  I tried to recreate the fault and I managed to get what Andreas reported. It appears after a blank slide is created and then one of the Caption Styles is selected. When you click into the text field  to change text. Then the TextWithSize appears.

Really the slide style should be applied to ONE image and when you select an image it works correctly. So, it may be user error rather than a bug.

Barry,

It happens when a slide style require 1 image is being applied to a slide without any main image. PTE generates a virtual image (TextWith Size) which can be replaced later.

Some slide styles with text captions don't require any image and this issue will not occur.

In future version we will give another name for this missing image to avoid confusion ("Missing image", "No image").

• Igor changed the title to TextWithSize [SOLVED]

Igor,

I am the culprit who brought this up.  Your answer solved my problem, thank you. But I have an additional proposal: How about instead of changing the name implement it in an even more convenient way? By that I mean inserting a blank slide could do what I (and Barry it seems to me) thought: Insert a real slide with black or whatever color background to put some text on directly.

Andreas,

Is that not counterproductive?

If the user applies a Style to a blank image which was clearly intended for use with a Main Image why add a blank slide?

As indicated by Barry, surely it is user error and needs to be treated by the software as such.

DG