WnSoft Forums

Star Transition

Rosemary A

Hi All,

I usually end my shows with a transition (from Producer titled Star In) Basically it is a star shape which collapses in and designates the end of the show. Usually white background with black star but colour doesn't matter. Can anyone tell me how to create this transition or is it too complicated for a beginner?

Thanks,

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary,

If you could provide a short sample - just a single slide or two video with this ending transition, I'm sure we can create a simple duplicate in terms of a slide style to end with. Normally, there is no transition at the end of a show - just a blank slide, but it would be easy to create a style which you could apply to the last slide or to a blank slide but we would need to see a sample.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Rosemary,

Go ahead and join YouTube so you can post shows when you have questions.  I'm linking the file that Richard put on dropbox below. Just download and install this file. 

Open PTE and put in an image into the slides. Click on "Slide Options" then at the bottom left "Manage Transitions." Choose "Import Transitions" and navigate to your downloaded "Curved Star.pteeff" and choose it. You should then find it among the available transitions.

Best regards,

Lin

Curved Star.pteeff

Hi Rosemary,

Sorry for the problem with my Drop Box link. Also, thank you to Lin for helping out. I was having difficulty in attaching files on this board so I used the Drop Box link to my sorrow.

I have created a transition (attached) that might meet your requirements. It works as intended except when transitioning to a blank slide. This shortcoming can be worked around by including a black rectangle in the final slide.  Anyone have any ideas as to why the transition fails to the blank slide?

Attached is a short clip showing the transition and the problem.     

Star Out.pteeff

Tom,

Your STAR (for some reason) produces a ghost of slide 1 when used in a Mask. I thought at first that it was because your white star is not 255 and is Grey Scale etc but I cured all of that and still cannot eliminate the ghost. Thinking about it.

Richard, your star JUST fails to cover the whole frame at the end of the transition (bottom right corner). Minor, but can be easily fixed. It also has a "stroke line" around the shape.

DG

P.S. Tom, I made sure that the white was white, deleted the BLACK content and saved as a transparent PNG and it cured the ghosting.

Weird. Maybe the first one had too high of a dpi.Here is the original and new one at lower dpi (realizing it shouldn't make a difference). I don't see the ghost but I believe you.

I see you fixed the problem by removing background and adjusting white. I can't blame that on Serif Affinity Designer. Good to know. Thanks.

Tom

star_mask.zip

33 minutes ago, Richard_43 said:

Anyone have any ideas as to why the transition fails to the blank slide?

Hi Richard,

this is due to the fact that there is no image in the empty slide. Therefore, in your transition you need to put a layer of black solid color under Slide2 and it will replace the absence of a picture in an empty slide.

Best regards

Paul

2020-02-13_175344.jpg

My Star (edited).pteeff