WnSoft Forums

Why is the audio sound initially so low?

Beemer

I use an external amplifier that is calibrated for -27db on switch on.   All my audio files play at an exceptable level and show waveforms up to -6db in audio editors.  However in PTE AV Studio Pro all my audio files open with the waveform shown as only 1/3 the available graphic height.   The sound therefore plays too quietly and I have to boost the level. Files are MP3,  flac and ogg

Why would this be?

Ian  

On 2/15/2020 at 3:30 PM, Beemer said:

The sound therefore plays too quietly and I have to boost the level. Files are MP3,  flac and ogg

Hi Ian,

If you open same MP3 audio file in Windows Media player and PTE AV Studio do you hear same sound volume? Check also playback in the Project Options > Audio tab. There is a small player on the right panel (play/stop buttons).

I check all my audio files - sound volume is same in any software player and in PTE AV Studio.

On 2/15/2020 at 3:30 PM, Beemer said:

in PTE AV Studio Pro all my audio files open with the waveform shown as only 1/3 the available graphic height.

Can you compare with another audio editor? For example, in Audacity.

Note, that a top part of an audio clip rectangle in the timeline view is reserved for a caption of a file name. So the effective visual height for an audio waveform is about 75%

Open the Sample Project from the main menu > Help menu. Music1.mp3 audio clip on the 1st track shows a waveforms with audio peaks up to 100% or so.

I had selected a sound file from Eric Matyas. On placing on the timeline the waveform is barely visible unless I amplify it.   I will post with the specific file once I am back on my desktop.   I thought I detected a similar amplitude reduction witn my own MP3s but I will check again.

thanks,

Ian