WnSoft Forums

Basket weave transition

tom95521

Does not use masks, but it does have many layers and object time range to simulate a weave. It was a learning experience. :)

16:9 aspect ratio
https://ptearchive.com/pte/Tom95521/?name=Weave.pteeff

Tom

Tom,

Nice idea and I thought that it deserved some feedback but it looks as though you are getting very little in that respect.

I thought that it needed to be slower and I set it to about 4-6 seconds when applying.

It also occurred to me that if you ended the weave before the 2 second KF and faded a copy of slide 2 in over the top it would be less abrupt at the end.

Well done.

DG

Hi Dave,

I'm just having fun playing with transitions. I don't know if there is an easier method to create a weave without using many layers (maybe a checkerboard mask?). I agree about the ending. I will try to fix.

I have noticed the user interface is really slow when using many layers/objects in a custom transition. It makes editing a real time consuming operation. I try to enter new keyframe value and it might take a few seconds for the change to happen. Have you noticed any performance issues editing large custom transitions?

Thanks,
Tom