WnSoft Forums

Project name and project options

1) When you start a new project, you give it a name and the ratio. Then you go to project options for main, audio, etc.....  That's a two step 'workflow' and one can forget the first.

2) As far as I know, there is no way inside PTE to change the project name.

I would suggest to add the project name to the project options before main.

.  file -> new would invoke this new project options directly

. it should be possible to change the project name in the project options

Bernard

Renaming a pte file could be done via save-as new-name + close +delete old-name.

Very similar to cut and paste.

Many people just don't forget to give a name and end up with lots of 'project1'. You could rename the xxx.pte file but the internal name would still be the old one. Quite confusing.

If renaming would not be possible, I still suggest to mention the project name on top of project options, and to invoke project options with file -> new.

Bernard

If you set up a template for new projects with all of the options you want, then you don't need to go into every time you start a new project.

Just type in the name and everything else will be set.

I very rarely need to go to project options.

Jill

4 hours ago, Bernard45 said:

...  You could rename the xxx.pte file but the internal name would still be the old one. Quite confusing ....

Not that much confusing, I think, If you open the renamed pte-file and save it again (at any time later), the internal name will have been changed to the file name.

A template is not a workaround. PTE uses a default template for new projects. By creating your own for new projects, then you will always have everything as you want, with no need to go to project options.

All you do is file/new and give it a name then or wait until you save to name it.

Quick and easy.

Jill