WnSoft Forums

Is this an obscure bug with an audio track?

wideangle

I came across this situation just by accident while trying out other things.
It is reproducible. Is it a bug?

1.  Open PT AV Studio in timeline view.

2.  I used drag and drop to add an audio file to the audio track.

3.  I added a second audio file to the same audio track, and positioned it so that there was some crossover overlap with the first track.

4.  I then went to the end point of the second audio file and dragged it to the left so that the file was zero length.  {OK, not normal practice, I know!)

5. I then clicked on the first audio file and tried to shorten it in the same way, but it wouldn't allow me to do that.

Regards

wideangle

If I add the two audio files to the same audio track with a gap between them, then shorten the second audio track to zero by dragging the right-hand end, I am still able to select the first audio track and shorten it by dragging its right-hand end.

However, if I set up the two audio tracks to overlap with crossfade and try to repeat the same process, it will allow me to shorten the second audio file to zero and will allow me to select the first audio track, but will not allow me to shorten it by dragging.

It is reproducible every time for me, but as I said earlier, it is very obscure and not very significant.

Regards

wideangle

I am unable to repro.

My recipe:

1. Drag audio file to TL.

2. Drag another audio file to same TL track and make them a few secs overlapping.

3. Grab the end of the second file and drag to the left to make it zero duration.

4. Grab end of first file and drag to the left to shorten.

Result: No problem, I am perfectly able to shorten the first file.

Igor, Paul

Please check this first.

Follow steps 1,2,3 from Paul

At that point select first audio file and use Delete key to remove it.

What do you see on the timeline?

I see an empty timeline except for a vertical line at the right hand end (which presumably represents the second audio file of zero length) which seems to be fixed in that position and which I cannot move.

(By the way, I've been using typical audio mp3s while doing this)

Regards

wideangle

Hi wideangle

11 minutes ago, wideangle said:

Igor, Paul

What do you see on the timeline?

I see an empty timeline except for a vertical line at the right hand end (which presumably represents the second audio file of zero length) which seems to be fixed in that position and which I cannot move.

I see the vertical line.

I hoover mouse over that line, grab the line and drag to the right and I can (again) extent the duration of that second file a bit.

If I then rightclick the partially extended file I can delete it using the context menu.

My conclusion is taht there is not much, if anything, wrong with the behaviour.

I agree.  I think I've created an issue for myself which isn't really an issue at all.

When I was testing different things, my problem only happened when the overlap area of the two audio files was to the right of the end of the last slide.

For that scenario the behaviour I described does seem to happen.

However it is not normal for audio to continue beyond the end of the last slide, so the issue would not generally be seen.

Sorry for wasting time.

Regards

wideangle.