WnSoft Forums

PTE AV Collect project files into one location

Anthraquinone

I have been using Proshow until now but as they have moved to a subscription model I am looking at alternatives. 

One of the features I really liked in Proshow was the ability to collect all the project images, sounds videos etc into a separate folder and then automatically use that folder to create the AV from.  See image

This just movers all the AV resources into one folder.  When I added more images to the AV from anywhere on my drives I could then use the same command again to copy all the new files to the "collected" folder and continue working from there.

These collected files were then safe from any changes I made to the original names or even if I deleted the originals.

From the frequently asked questions forum I found this from 2009

If you haven't worked this way but feel that you want to adopt this way of working proceed as follows (assumes you are using PTE v5.0 or higher):

• create a new folder for each of your sequences
  • open each sequence into PTE
  • do File...Create backup in Zip
  • locate and open the Zip file and export its contents into your new folder
  • File...Open the project file from within the new folder
  • File...Save the project file

Is this the still only way to get all project resources into one folder ?  The Proshow "collect Resources " command sounds much neater for the end user.

Can I just move a .pte into that folder and will it then read the files from there or is the absolute file structure save in the .pte file

AQ

Untitled-1.jpg

A Template is easier and it is also visible from within PTE

Also saves space & time as you do not have to unzip.

I try to save all of my AV's as a template.

I can the copy from my main PC to my laptop & know that all the files are available.

Jill