WnSoft Forums

Bouton "Fermer"

gerard63370

Bonjour à tous

Sauf erreur de ma part je ne trouve pas de bouton ou de menu déroulant "Fermer" qui me permettrai de fermer un projet sans quitter PTE.

Cela me permettrai de ne pas avoir 2 projets simultanément ouverts ce qui peut être dangereux.

Est ce que cela existe ? Pourrait on le créer ?

Merci pour votre aide

Gérard

Good morning all

Unless I am mistaken, I cannot find a button or drop-down menu "Close" which will allow me to close a project without leaving PTE.

This will allow me not to have 2 projects simultaneously open which can be dangerous.

Does it exist? Could we create it?

Thanks for your help

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

You can have multiple copies of PTE running simultaneously, but that can get confusing if you're not careful. Just minimize PTE and click on your PTE icon to open another simultaneous instance of PTE. Why would you want to leave PTE running and close one project and open another? Why just not save and close the project you're working on and exit PTE then open it again and load your new project?

Best regards,

Lin

• 1 month later...
On 26/02/2020 at 20:13, Lin Evans said:

Salut Gérard,

Vous pouvez avoir plusieurs copies de PTE exécutées simultanément, mais cela peut prêter à confusion si vous ne faites pas attention. Réduisez simplement PTE et cliquez sur votre icône PTE pour ouvrir une autre instance simultanée de PTE. Pourquoi voudriez-vous laisser PTE en cours d'exécution et fermer un projet et en ouvrir un autre? Pourquoi ne pas simplement enregistrer et fermer le projet sur lequel vous travaillez et quitter PTE, puis l'ouvrir à nouveau et charger votre nouveau projet?

Meilleures salutations,

Lin

Bonjour Lin, tout simplement il n'y a pas d'option "fermer" PTE c'est justement ce qui manque

Merci

Je pense que c'est un faux problème car il suffit d'aller dans "Fichier / Ouvrir" (ou bien "ouvrir un projet récent") pour que cet autre projet remplace tout simplement le projet en cours. C'est le cas avec MS/Windows 10 pour moi.

In fact, this is not an issue at all since once PTE is open with one project, it is so simple to go to: "File / Open"  or  "File / Open recent project" to have that other project take place instead of the previous one that is no longer active.  At least with MS/Windows 10 for me.

On 4/7/2020 at 2:27 PM, jmG-06100 said:

Je pense que c'est un faux problème car il suffit d'aller dans "Fichier / Ouvrir" (ou bien "ouvrir un projet récent")

Hi,

I don’t think so ... the lack of the option "Close project" made me refuse two parameters in the program settings. Such as autosave every X minutes and opening at the start of the last presentation. The problem is that I often have to open the program for short tests when communicating with users on my forum. However, I have absolutely no desire to save these short test slides as projects. If you are able to understand such situations, then you will also understand the need for the "Close project" parameter in Menu -> File.

Paul

6 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

The problem is that I often have to open the program for short tests when communicating with users on my forum. However, I have absolutely no desire to save these short test slides as projects.

If you need to do tests, then simply do File/new to open up a new project.

You will be asked if you wish to save the current project - click do not save.

When finished with the test just close the window with the red X, again select do not save.

No need for any extra buttons or options.

I have been using PTE for about 16 years, regularly do tests & demonstrations & have needed any other options to close.

Jill

4 hours ago, jkb said:

If you need to do tests, then simply do File/new to open up a new project.

Then I need to abandon two parameters in the settings, which I mentioned earlier.
1. Save the project every X minutes
2. Load the project at startup
What I don't feel like doing at all. The "Close" command (current project / file) is present, for example, in all Adobe programs, as in most others. And this does not stop anyone from working with them, but rather the opposite. Everyone has their own habits and needs when working with programs. A large number of years of acquaintance with PTEs only indicates that many have adapted to what is. But it is not a fact that the program has nothing to change and improve. A fresh look is better noticeable, which can still be worked on in this regard.

Paul

The command "Close" does not make sense!

Yes, there are applications which offer "Close" (Photoshop, XnView, MPC-HC, Audacity, ...) but there are others which do not (VLC, IrfanView, Handbrake, SumatraPDF, ...). Applications with "Close" that I know all have one thing in common. You can start them without seeing an image, video, or project. PTE has a different concept. You cannot start PTE without having an open project. Depending on the settings, PTE either starts with the last saved project, or PTE starts with a new project, not yet saved, typically called Project1.

What should PTE do, if there were a command "Close"? It should close the project in work, and then? As PTE never shows up without an open project, I would expect that a new, not yet saved project would be the right choice. But this would be exactly, what PTE's command "New" already does.

Just asking for "Close" does not make sense. Question: Should WnSoft offer a new design for the handling of projects where "Close" could have its place? Perhaps, but not for me!

2 hours ago, vbl2007 said:

I believe that the Close button is needed ...

As we do not talk about religion (e.g. John 20:29) but about software features: Please describe the situation in which you want to apply "Close", and (even more important) what should be the precise result of this application (how should PTE look like after having applied "Close").

1 hour ago, jt49 said:

As we do not talk about religion (e.g. John 20:29) but about software features: Please describe the situation in which you want to apply "Close", and (even more important) what should be the precise result of this application (how should PTE look like after having applied "Close").

Hi it49,

I open an empty PTE. I create a test transition or project and then close the project. The screen remains empty PTE as at the beginning. There is a similar in PhotoShop and I'm used it.

46 minutes ago, jkb said:

File/ new will give you the same result.

Above, I already answered you that in this case, you need to abandon two options in the program settings that I would like to use. I do not want to open a new project, so that the program every 5 minutes offers me to save it. And if I open a program with the last project loaded, I want to be able to just close this project. Then I will just have a program window, without a project. Why do you ignore the reasoned proposals of other users of the program if they are not of interest to you? Saying all the time that you can do so-and-so that others are not happy.

Paul

1 hour ago, vbl2007 said:

... I open an empty PTE. I create a test transition or project and then close the project. The screen remains empty PTE as at the beginning. There is a similar in PhotoShop and I'm used it.

The point is that an empty PTE does not exist at all ! ! ! -  Whenever you start PTE, you always have already opened a project, either the last saved project or the standard project "Project1" (see Title Bar). Which one you will get depends on your settings. Project1 has an empty slide list, it has not yet been saved, but it already exists. You will obtain exactly the same situation, when you use "New ..." in order to close any open project (which you then can save or just forget) and to start again with a new instance of "Project1" having an empty slide list. What should an additional command "Close" really do? Define it! Be precise! It cannot give you an empty PTE, as this does not exist; should it be an unsaved project with an empty slide list? But this is precisely what "New .." does (I've said this already above).

You cannot compare the situation with Photoshop, as Photoshop can be started without opening any media, while PTE is different. Should WnSoft change its concept? I don't see any need for that. The standard project "Project1" with its empty slide list should be empty enough.

2 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

Above, I already answered you that in this case, you need to abandon two options in the program settings that I would like to use. I do not want to open a new project, so that the program every 5 minutes offers me to save it. And if I open a program with the last project loaded, I want to be able to just close this project. Then I will just have a program window, without a project. Why do you ignore the reasoned proposals of other users of the program if they are not of interest to you? Saying all the time that you can do so-and-so that others are not happy.

Paul

If you 'close' a project, what would you then do next??

The only options are -

1. Start a New Project  - File/new

2. Open an existing project  - File/Open

3. Close PTE - close the window with the red X

You do not need to 'close' a project to do any of the above 3 options.

You cannot have PTE open without a project - it has no meaning

You say you don't want to be reminded every few minutes to save a project - then just untick this option.
I have never used the autosave as I always want to be in control of when I save and if I overwrite the current version or save with a new name.

If you look at the 'floppy disk' icon (top left toolbar) it is grey when you have saved your recent changes & blue when you have not.

Also PTE will always ask if you want to save when you close it down.
So there is no danger of losing anything when you do not use autosave.

I am not trying to say your proposals are unreasoned, just that thousands of people have been using PTE for many years & have never had need of a close project button.
It is the way the program works

As JT49 asks tell us what you expect to happen when you want to close a project

Jill

5 minutes ago, davegee said:

Create a Template which is Blank and has Auto Save turned off - call it "Blank Test Template".

In principle, at first I did this when auto save was turned on, I always opened a previously saved test project. Constantly searching if necessary a test file to open, a little annoying. As for the template, I did not think then, for quick access to it ... you need to look.
For comparison, I want to bring experience with ProShow Producer. There I have an automatic backup every 5 minutes. Moreover, the program does not require me to save the project when I start adding slides to the timeline and working with them for simple testing. In other words, backup copies of a project begin to be saved only when I myself decide to save the project to some folder. And only then will backups begin to form there. I would be happy with everything if automatic saving were included in PTE, but the decision about the first save is up to me, at the right time. But not behind the popup every 5 minutes, offering me to save the project. And if I do not need to save the test work, it is enough once, when they ask me about it - when the program is closed.

Paul

1 hour ago, vbl2007 said:

Hi davegee,

I also created an empty template and made it read-only. But every time I have to look for it on the disk if I want to do a test or experiment. Let after clicking Close an empty template be loaded and everything will be fine.

Then you should post this in the proper place: Suggestions for Next Version(s).

DG