WnSoft Forums

Looking for the template for a rotating cube with grey background

carolphoto

Hi,

I have made several rotating cubes using theDom template for the cube that has photos on the outside and rotates, with a grey background.  Unfortunately I changed the file structure and have lost the ability to make any more new ones.  I can only find more complicated cubes that come out of a printer and fold to make a cube, or that have the photos on the inside of a cube. 

Could someone please send me the original one?  When I click on links to theDom, it says "page unavailable".

Thanks a lot!

Carol Hart

Hi Carol,

Which version of PTE are you using? You should be able to create a rotating cube by simply selecting any six images from the slide list then click on Slide Styles and then "experimental" then "cube."

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your quick reply.  Unfortunately I am using PTE 7.5 and have always needed the template to make the rotating cube.  If you know where I might find it I would really appreciate it.  Good to know, though, that it's easy to do in the recent versions.

Also, I wanted you to know that I was asked to give a presentation on PTE this week at my Camera Club in Ottawa, Canada, and I mentioned your enormous contribution to it, and recommended your tutorials.  I did give information on the new versions of PTE and praised the fact that you can buy it, not rent it.  Those who had Pro Show Gold really suffered with what happened to it, and now they have to rent the new one.  I also mentioned how helpful Igor has been, and how involved he is in the continuing use of the software.

All the best,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Sadly, I don't know anyone who has any of the old templates that theDom made. Back in the early days we made the cubes one at a time and it took a little while to construct one, but once you have one made, you could just change the pictures on each side in Objects and Animations on the Properties tab. Here is a link to my tutorial on how to create the cube. Go to number !8 and download the AVI video tutorial and follow it and you can create your own template.

Having said this, perhaps now would be a good time to consider upgrading to the new PTE AV Studio 10 Pro and you will have a wealth of new things which you can easily do with styles, etc.  Just a  thought.

Here's the link to the tutorials - just choose #18 - scroll down past the red identifiers to the actual links..

Best regards,

Lin

=================

Hello Carol,

attached TheDom's Cube which was at the time to download in its Free Templates !!!

occasionally a little hello to LIN EVANS who always goes out of his way for All !!!

Greetings, Henry Thedom-3DCube-bottomless -without logo_Feb28-2020_11-23-15.zip

============================
bonjour Carol, ci-joint le Cube de TheDom qui était à l'époque à télécharger dans ses Templates Gratuit !!!

a l'occasion un p'tit coucou a LIN EVANS qui se décarcasse toujours pour Tous !!! 

Salutations, Henry Thedom-3DCube-sans fond -sans logo_Feb28-2020_11-23-15.zip

Hello Henry and Lin,

So sorry to those who have replied to me.  I didn't understand the difference between just replying to an email on my tablet, where I was not logged in to the message board, and properly replying to all this way.  I will do it this way from now on.  I see the confusion when messages are not shared.

In any case, even though the templates people so kindly sent me are complete, with the 6 images, logo and template, and I have put those in a file in Windows, there's a problem.  When I go to create a new project using it, only the 6 images and the logo appear when I browse the folder.  No template.  How do I get that template into the project?  I am using PTE 7.5.  I have successfully made 3D rotating cubes before, but because of a file structure change, I can't use the previous versions or template.

Any suggestions?

Once more, thanks for your patience and for the templates I have received.  So glad they are still around!

Carol

Hi Dave,

Thank you.  I managed to get the template installed. However I think I put the photos in the wrong place on the Objects and Animation page.  I put them where there is a photo to the left of “ side 1”.  It is overkill, with photos inside and outside the cube when I press play. 

Here is a screen shot.  Where should each photo go?

Should I have added the 6 coloured images to the file list next to the first one.  Please see second screen shot.

It has been so long since I’ve done this that I’ve completely forgotten it all.

Lastly, how do I save the template for these cubes.

Many thanks,

Carol

2B1A1558-4F66-4941-A8EE-E8FA8446596F.jpeg

BCEA01D1-F802-4A8F-BB55-430B06B9DD99.jpeg

Hi Carol

You could use a copy of the template and replace the 6 images with your own files, making sure that you rename them to match the names TheDom used in the template.

Remember that the images need to be square.

Run the .pte file and it should work with your images.

Regards

wideangle

Bonjour Carol ;

Dans le dossiers projet Cube TheDom , que je t'ai envoyé tu as 2 fichiers "Pte" un d'origine , l'autre sans logo et fond et en 16-9 !!

il te suffit de faire 6 de tes PHOTOS  en carrés (exemple  600x600 ) de les renommer du même nom que les 6 images couleurs de TheDOM et les remplacer 

dans le dossier , tu cliques sur "Pte" sans logo-sans fond et le tout s'ouvre  ( c’était les conseils de TheDon a l'époque )

Salutations 

Henry

====================================

Hello Carol;
In the Cube TheDom project files, which I sent you, you have 2 "Pte" files, one original, the other without logo and background and in 16-9 !!
you just have to make 6 of your PHOTOS in squares (example 600x600) to rename them with the same name as the 6 color images of TheDOM and replace them
in the folder, you click on "Pte" without logo-bottomless and everything opens (it was the advice of TheDon at the time)

Greetings
Henry
===================================

Thank you to all for your patience.  I finally made a revolving cube using the French version Henry sent earlier, and by renaming my own photos to match the coloured ones.  As Henry said, the photos inserted themselves once I set it up right. The PTE file took some doing to open from Windows, but I managed to do it.  Had to use the drop down menu to find the Pictures to EXE option.

Note that the French version template makes a black background with white frames around each revolving photo, as opposed to the English version template, which has a grey ombré background and no frame around the photos.

Yea!  Success!

Much obliged.

Carol

Hello Carol !!!

attached a "Pte" file to put in your Cube folder, this new file is without the white frame on the 6 photos

For the background color it's up to you to choose it, or put a photo, the cube will rotate in front of the Background !!

Just a little friendly advice, on the site you have a Manual in several languages, you will find:

how to change the background to color or photo, how to remove or add a frame to photos and a lot of other info

For the slow opening of Pte ?? look when you take your square photos if they are not too heavy? a photo in 600x600 should not have more than 500 ko

or maybe a PC not powerful enough, or a lack of RAM?

Sincerely

Henry

==================================================

Bonjour Carol !!!

ci joint un fichier "Pte" a mettre dans ton dossier Cube, se nouveau fichier est sans le cadre blanc sur les 6 photos 

Pour la couleur du fond c'est a toi a la choisir, ou y mettre une photo, le cube tournera devant le Fond !!

Juste un p'tit conseil amical, sur le site tu as un Manuel en plusieurs langues, tu y trouveras :

comment changer le fond en couleur ou photo, comment enlever ou ajouter un cadre aux photos et beaucoup d'autres infos 

Pour la lenteur d'ouverture de Pte ?? regarde quand tu fais tes photos en carre si elle ne sont pas trop lourde ?? une photo en 600x600 ne devrai pas avoir plus de 500 ko

ou peut être un PC pas assez puissant , ou un manque de  mémoire vive ??

Amicalement 

Henri 

Thedom-3DCube-sans fond -sans Cadre Blanc.pte

Hi Carol,

I thought you might like to see just how easy it is with PTE AV Studio 10 Pro to create cubes, etc., using free styles which others have already made for you. Below is a little demo video I just made and posted to YouTube which explains this...

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you to all for your patience.  I finally made a revolving cube using the French version Henry sent earlier, and by renaming my own photos to match the coloured ones.  As Henry said, the photos inserted themselves once I set it up right. The PTE file took some doing to open from Windows, but I managed to do it.  Had to use the drop down menu to find the Pictures to EXE option.

Note that the French version template makes a black background with white frames around each revolving photo, as opposed to the English version template, which has a grey ombré background and no frame around the photos.

Yea!  Success!

Much obliged.

Carol

For Henry,

Thanks for the new template.  It came with a warning that it was created with a more recent version of PTE (I'm on 7.5) and might not be compatible.  Then it listed a lot of missing parts.  When I tried to use it anyway it kept the blue band saying "no photo" and made my photos very tiny.  Anyway, I have the one that works, so not to worry.  Thanks also for the other suggestions.  I will check it out.  

You have been a great help.  Thank you!

Carol

For Henry,

Thanks for the new template.  It came with a warning that it was created with a more recent version of PTE (I'm on 7.5) and might not be compatible.  Then it listed a lot of missing parts.  When I tried to use it anyway it kept the blue band saying "no photo" and made my photos very tiny.  Anyway, I have the one that works, so not to worry.  Thanks also for the other suggestions.  I will check it out.  

Carol

For Henry,

Carol

2 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Carol,

I thought you might like to see just how easy it is with PTE AV Studio 10 Pro to create cubes, etc., using free styles which others have already made for you. Below is a little demo video I just made and posted to YouTube which explains this...

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin,

Thanks very much.  Both cubes are very impressive.  Most kind of you to send both the new video and your commentary.

I really appreciate it and will look into upgrading.

Carol