WnSoft Forums

Trim not working? [SOLVED]

goddi

Greetings,

Haven't had a problem with Trim before but now, I can't get Trim to work. Every time I make a selection in the video clip, it Converts/Trims the entire video from the beginning.

Is anyone else having this problem? Ver 10.0.7 Build 2.

Gary

7 hours ago, Igor said:

Gary,

Sorry, I can't reproduce this issue.

Greetings Igor,

I just tried it again and the problem occurred again. I took some screen shots to show you what I did.

Here are the settings:

696099718_TrimTest-1.thumb.jpg.59db221eb624492d7befdf606874628b.jpg

Here is the short section of the video that I want to Convert/Trim:

1764538642_TrimTest-2.thumb.jpg.e2acaae91e762edf9c1596e00d077c50.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the Convert/Trim converting the entire video clip. It is not Converting/Trimming the small selected portion I had chosen in Trim. It is just converting the entire clip from the beginning:

1541600931_TrimTest-3.thumb.jpg.7862acc27db35fe05a079239d9d515bb.jpg

Gary

=========================================

Hi Gary,

I trimmed short sections of a few TV shows recorded on my Tablo using your settings. The trim duration seems to be working properly for me.

Tom

10.0.7 Build 2

2 hours ago, tom95521 said:

Hi Gary,

I trimmed short sections of a few TV shows recorded on my Tablo using your settings. The trim duration seems to be working properly for me.

Tom

10.0.7 Build 2

Tom...  I have been able to Convert/Trim this video clip at least once, but most times it just converts the entire clip, not just the Trimmed section. Not sure if there is a particular setting that is making it do this. I'll have to experiment more. But it is repeatable. At least with this particular video clip.

Gary

5 hours ago, Igor said:

Gary,

I tried several times, converting with trimming always worked correctly.

Can you also record a screen video from beginning before you open Convert/Trim window?

Greetings Igor,

I took a screen video of the problem. You will see that I tried to do a Convert/Trim of a short section in the middle of the video. When I then tried to do the Convert/Trim of that selected section, the process started at the beginning of the video, not at the short section. (The original video clip is over 3 Gbs so probably too big to send.)

https://send.firefox.com/download/84db129b4a997fcb/#4Qs8Bob4tk965vceaa3y2Q

Gary

19 minutes ago, davegee said:

Gary, 

Perhaps i missed it - what is the source of the video clip?

DG

Dave, The original video was from a TV show on my Tivo recorder. The original video was in Tivo format, which I then used Brorsoft Video Converter to convert the Tivo format to MP4. Then I tried to Convert/Trim a section of that MP4 file, but the Convert/Trim starts from the beginning of the video, and does not Trim the selected section. I have done this before with similar Tivo video files with no problems.

Also, one of the attempts to Trim the video clip worked. But the audio was out of sync. I just separated the audio and moved it to match the video. So maybe there is another problem.

Gary

Just to add to the problem with this process, here is a screenshot of how I had to move the audio to the left to sync with the video. This was the only time I could get the Convert/Trim to actually Trim out the section I  wanted for the show.

Gary

AudioSync.thumb.jpg.43d6f1064858e653b5d5ad21fd0bb784.jpg

Gary,

Have you checked with mediainfo to see if the video is recorded with variable frame rate? That might explain audio sync issue. I noticed some of my Tablo recordings show up as VFR in mediainfo.

Tom

47 minutes ago, tom95521 said:

Gary,

Have you checked with mediainfo to see if the video is recorded with variable frame rate? That might explain audio sync issue. I noticed some of my Tablo recordings show up as VFR in mediainfo.

Tom

Greetings Tom,

I took a look and it shows a Constant Frame Rate

Gary

FrameRate.thumb.jpg.df04b4ea645e2710be84c1b65699c86f.jpg

16 minutes ago, Igor said:

Greetings Igor,

The good news is the Trim process is working as it should. However, the audio is still not in sync. In four tests with the new version, only one time did the audio stay in sync. The other three times, the audio was not in sync. Here is a short sample.

Gary

1.00«-+»x

Greetings Igor,

I did a Trim, twice, of another different video that I had converted from a Tivo video to MP4  and it did not have the sync problem. I'll do more testing.

I am not sure I understand your first request..."reproduce audio sync problem in PTE by virtual trimming same video clip in video object?". 

Gary

Igor, I think I now understand our request. I put the entire video clip in the Slide List and used 'Adjust Time Range" to play only a short portion of the  video.

I did this and, yes, the audio becomes unsynced.

Is this what you wanted me to try?

Gary

Greetings Igor,

I think I found what the problem is that is causing the audio to be unsynced.

The original hour long video that I had converted from the Tivo format to MP4 showed a glitch at about the 10 minute mark. The audio was in sync up to that point. After that point the audio became unsynced. So perhaps, during my conversion from Tivo format to MP4, the glitch occurred...and not in PTE. I did not notice this because I had viewed only the first few minutes of the video where the audio was OK, and assumed there was not problem with the rest of the video clip.

So, sorry for posting this audio problem. It seems to have been caused by either my conversion from Tivo to MP4 or in the recording of the original broadcast. But I was able to separate the audio and move it slightly to match it up where it should have been.

Thanks.... Gary

PS I just went back and played the original Tivo video and it did not have the glitch. Audio was all in sync. So the glitch that caused the audio to become unsynced was caused during the conversion from Tivo format to MP4 using the Brorosoft Video Converter program. I'll have to keep my eye on that process, but I've used it many times without such a problem....

Thanks for solving the other  problem with Trim.

Gary

• Igor changed the title to Trim not working? [SOLVED]