WnSoft Forums

Opening PTE AV Studio [SOLVED]

Johnwnjr

Every time I open PTE AV Studio 10 my screen comes up with program not responding.   A second try does bring up the program with the file selected with all the images ready and I have brought them down and constructed a sequence which I have saved.   Next time I go to the program the initial 'no responding' occurs.  The second try brings back the slides listed but all the work of setting up the sequence has been lost and the title entered initially has changed to project 1.    Going to where the project files have been saved eg AV project files and  using the nominated title returns Project 1 - do you want to save it and I cannot get my work back.  Obviously this should not happen, what should I do please?

John,

Let me know what graphics card installed in your computer?

I recommend to update drivers for this graphics card. 

If it doesn't help, browse the Main menu > Settings > Preferences. System tab. Tick the option "Alternate renderer..." and click OK button. Restart PTE AV Studio.

Let me know about results.

Igor,

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 TI

I tried to update drivers but ran into difficulties in trying to establish an account, which I think I already have as I get communications from them.  Anyway I abandoned that and went onto your next suggestion "Alternate renderer".  I restarted the computer and opened PTE AV Studio and it did open without the non-responsive notification and listed all the images in the file list but not in the slide list so I presume I have lost all my previous work and will have to start afresh from NEW, but I am unable to do that today, so will have to see what happens when I try again.

John R

Davegee,

Desktop.  But I do have a Laptop with a later NVIDiA Geforce Card 1660 I believe, which I am going to try and produce the sequence on as I can't afford to waste time with the Desktop PTE Failure as I have someone coming tomorrow to do a commentary for it.  Also I have had (since I replied to Igor) the same failure of PTE not responding, and a notice from NVIDIA that I do not have their card on the Desktop which is a Dell and I explored Devices and it states the 1050 Graphics Card!  I am just going round in circles with this matter on the Desktop.   If you can sort me out I will be very grateful.   I have cancelled an all day engagement to try and cope with the problem.    I presume using Alternate Renderer may have hidden the NVIDIA Graphics Card from NVIDIA?

John R

John,

If you have a desktop there should be no reason to have to "Log In" to an account to be able to download from nVidia.

There is something called "GeForce Experience" which I have on my desktop which makes updating nVidia drivers a breeze. If you are happy to download it you should be able to update your drivers and at least eliminate that as a problem.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/download/

DG

P.S. The reason I asked about Desktop vs Laptop is that HP (on my laptop) modified the Drivers for my nVidia card and afaik can only be obtained from HP - not from nVidia.

John,

"Alternate renderer..." option doesn't change any system settings in your computer. It simply use a slightly different mode of the graphics card (nothing special).

So if you saved earlier your projects, they should be available now.

Also you may try to uninstall and then reinstall PTE AV Studio (your projects, styles and templates will NOT be deleted). It may help if some settings of PTE were damaged. Note, "Alternate renderer..." option will be unticked after the reinstallation.

And I highly recommend to update drivers for NVIDA graphics. It should be done in case of any freezes of PTE AV Studio. Please read the advice from Dave above.

I apologize for the delay with your engagement due to these problems with PTE! And I hope that all issues will be solved quickly.

I have followed ALL your suggestions from both of you with thanks!  The program loads OK with images ready in the file list but I have lost all my work, this could be due to my not saving as I was faced with two versions and did not know which to save so decided not to save either in the end, having tried to save them on a previous occasion without success, to clear and make a fresh start.  I cannot test further as I have re-created the project on my Laptop during the morning.  Usually I only use the Laptop to do presentations, but it all appears to be OK.  I use the PC to create new sequences.  So thank you both for your help and suggestions and when I make a new sequence, hopefully everything will be OK.

• Igor changed the title to Opening PTE AV Studio [SOLVED]