WnSoft Forums

Bug Report [SOLVED]

cagney123

Editing a new show. Got to the point to make an EXE file for pte.  My show which is about 120 megs turned into over 800 megs. I created a zip backup and then opened that

to see where the huge files were coming from. Turns out a giant file I didn't use in the show is jumping in. Now I can't save the show without the file and it won't let me just

say I don't want or need it. No choice to delete it from the show.  It only saves with the file I didn't use and ends up 824 megs. Thanks everyone.

forgot to mention I'm using the latest version. .08

Hi Jeff,

One possibility is to create a small image and name it the identical name of the huge file then use your zip software (PK Zip, etc) to extract the zip file copy the big file somewhere else and substitute the tiny image file in the zip archive. Then extract into a different folder and open PTE. Since the PTE file does everything by file name and extension, substituting a different small file with the same name and extension should preserve the integrity.  Wouldn't hurt to try....

Best regards,

Lin

Nothing works as I can't get the file to load into anything. It shows in the folder and I've pasted it into every folder with any meaning but when I go to load it it doesn't show. Weird for sure. I'm using 3 different video programs, one of which is from last year. Obviously one of these programs made the file and now don't recognize it. After several hours I'm taking a break. Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted if anything works.

Found the problem. I remembered I had loaded a new program for photo printing two days ago. Shutterfly. I thought maybe that might be the problem since I

didn't have a problem at all until very recently. Deleted the program and now all is well. Thanks guys for helping. It forced me to try many things and finally find

the culprit.  Back to slideshow work with the greatest program on the planet with the greatest bunch of folks behind the scenes.

• Igor changed the title to Bug Report [SOLVED]