WnSoft Forums

Parchment Scroll Style

Lin Evans

Hi Folks,

Just playing with possibilities - if you like this one, the style is below the video to download and play with or modify as you like. Find the text way down near the bottom to modify as desired. Just drag the action manually so you can see what the text reads and modify. The top level frame will allow sizing and moving the scroll. Use on top of a 16:9 aspect ratio image.

Lin

Parchment Scroll2.ptestyle

Hi Paul,

Thanks - because so many users cooperate and share their creations, there are always lots of great things coming out with this product. PTE is and has been by far the leading tool for professional AV (audio/visual) competitors now world-wide for a number of years. The developers are not only creative people but listen to their users and make every effort to give us the very best quality at an incredibly reasonable price. 

The major effort for about a year now is to get the dedicated MacIntosh version finished and I've been amazed at how well the Windows version has been debugged and improved while the Mac version is coming along very well and will soon be available for public beta testing.

It's often been said that one's imagination is the only limitation with this product. It's actually possible to do things with PTE which can't be done with some of the most expensive and professional Adobe products. A few years ago Dave G created a neat style which allows the creation, pan, zoom and rotate of an icosahedron (a 20 sided geometrical construct). At the time I had been to the old COMDEX show in Las Vegas and was very interested in creating video walls like I saw there where dozens and even as many as a hundred separate video screens were simultaneously displaying videos. I came back home and thought about it and decided there was no reason why one of these video walls couldn't be created in PTE so by using the various available tools in the software, I created a number of these video walls and also video tutorials showing people how to do it. 

With Dave's icosahedron and my video walls I created a construct which displayed three thousand six hundred and twenty individual video screens simultaneously playing about 128 different videos on this rotating and zooming construct which was only part of the animation. Later this year, for fun I put four of these constructs containing fourteen thousand four hundred and eighty individual video screens all playing video simultaneously up on Youtube. Just for fun I actually put thirty six thousand two hundred in one animation and it still ran perfectly smoothly. 

Way back years ago one of our incredibly talented French users JPD was creating things which seemed impossible. He left an incredible legacy of work when he sadly passed away before his time. Now many other extremely talented French users such as Jean-Cyprien, and others too numerous to name are carrying on and demonstrating incredible creativity. There are so many people from all over the world who are using this product to not only create beautiful photo slideshows, but also to create stunning animations and such. Welcome to the family and check out some of the creations on Youtube and Vimeo. I post on Youtube under the psudonym of icejasper.

Best regards,

Lin 

Here is an extract from a slideshow I created about 10 years ago using a template by theDom.

A parchment scroll seemed a good idea to show images taken around Luxor in Egypt.

Not sure if I have attached it in the proper way. It is an mp4 file of an extract of less than 1 minute

Gogs

Never say never Paul, I'm 77

By the way, my style Parchment Scroll2.ptestyle  is a little different than normal styles in that I created it so that the handles on the right hand side of the scroll pick up their color and texture from the slide you apply the style to. They keep this color even when you change the background image so that it's possible to use any solid color or image to get the color and texture you want. If you want to match the knobs on the left I'll include a link to the mahogany wood that I used and you can just apply the style to that wood and the knobs on the right will match the ones on the left. Also, the image the style is applied to does NOT automatically become the background image. You go to the bottom and right above "reference image" you select the default image and use the change image feature on the "Properties" tab "Picture". This is also different that a normal style which is automatically chosen as the background when you apply a style. I did it this way so users can change the color and texture of the right-hand knobs on the scroll. Also, one can substitute and image for the text so if you want the scroll to open and reveal an image, just click on "text" (near the bottom) then click on the second keyframe so you can see the open scroll. The text is a child image so just click on the parent of the text and add the content you want to reveal inside the open scroll.  Just a little fun making it a bit different. At the very top you will find a "frame" and if you click on that you can size and position the scroll as desired. Below is the mahogany wood which can have the style applied to make the right hand knobs like the left hand knobs if desired.

Best regards,

Lin

mohoganywood.jpg

Merci beaucoup à vous, Lin Evans pour les travaux que vous nous offrez. Je fais des diaporamas de mes voyages dans le monde et j'ai pu utiliser certains de vos styles et transitions.

D'autres ont été utiliser simplement pour faire plaisir à mes petits enfants ou aux a mis. Merci pour ce travail qui demande beaucoup de temps.

J'ai découvert l'impression d'une image sur un éventail. Est-ce votre travail ?

Existe-t-il un style ou une démo correspondant.

Bonne chance à vous.

Eventail 1.JPG

Eventail 5.JPG

Hi Roumi,

Dave G created a style for the fan demo, and I created a "template" which can be used to animate these components. To create the components for the fan, it's necessary to use one of the Panos FX Photoshop actions and Photoshop. The free fan "action" can be downloaded via the PanosFX forum here:

PanosFX.com

Information and the "Fan Style" can be found here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salut Roumi,

Dave G a créé un style pour la démo de fan, et j'ai créé un "modèle" qui peut être utilisé pour animer ces composants. Pour créer les composants du ventilateur, il est nécessaire d'utiliser l'une des actions Panos FX Photoshop et Photoshop. L'action gratuite des fans peut être téléchargée via le forum PanosFX ici:

PanosFX.com

Vous trouverez des informations et le "Fan Style" ici:

Best regards,

Lin

Merci Lin Evans pour votre réponse rapide,

Je vais étudier cette documentation et les avis pertinents des utilisateurs.

Je pense que ça va me prendre du temps, mais c'est aussi le plaisir de vaincre les difficultés.

En France, suite au coronavirus, le gouvernement va confiner toute la population, puisque celle-ci ne fait pas l'effort de respecter les consignes de sécurité.

Dommage que le virus ne tue pas la bêtise !

Bonne chance à vous tous.

===========================================

Thank you Lin Evans for your quick response,
I will study this documentation and the relevant user opinions.
I think it will take me some time, but it is also the pleasure of overcoming difficulties.
In France, following the coronavirus, the government will confine the entire population, since they do not make the effort to respect the safety instructions.
Too bad the virus does not kill stupidity!
Good luck to all of you.