WnSoft Forums

Animation Modifiers in Action

tom95521

Testing animation modifiers. It's much easier to animate without keyframes using just modifiers.

Short example using rotate, pan, opacity. Gears created in Inkscape. PNG bitmaps and SVG vector objects from Pixabay. SVG editor from Boxy SVG. YouTube thumbnail created with PotPlayer.

Tom

Hi Tom

Great idea and super way to demonstrate modifiers. It has certainly made it a bit easier for me to understand (been having difficulty getting my head around how I would use them) so this has definitely helped. I am sure many others will also appreciate it.

Gogs

It's amazing what a modifier can do when used with object time range and shift to simulate a keyframe. Practicing animation with PTE helps distract me from watching too much covid-19 news.

Thanks,
Tom

Thanks Tom, very good demonstration of the modifiers. It is indeed a very powerful feature.

The modifiers can also be combined to produce pseudo-random trajectories.

With this style, I used this ability to simulate the trajectory of confetti

It is also possible to create a modifier with its own mathematical functions, but be very careful because this functionality is not documented and therefore not supported.
An example here :

Best regards,
Pascal.