WnSoft Forums

Rotation on Axis help

Xenofex2

My ultimate hope was to try and create a landscape type photo album similar to the ‘3D Book Testing’ example posting a few weeks back within the Slideshows Section on this Forum. That was my intention but have got stuck at just the first base. Must admit, I did think that this part was going to be the easiest part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have even reduced the size of the Album to try and help me determine what I am doing wrong. It is probably staring me in the face but so far, I cannot see it. I would therefore appreciate any help please.

I am, side by side, watching one of Barry’s old Tutorials (3D Book start I see made for P2E9), but instead of a more portrait album, was going for a landscape size.

Image, album 01, (below) in my mind shows the front of the Album, and the album image 02, I thought, should show the page open, having rotated on that ‘C’ axis … but it has not.

At the moment I cannot see any obvious setting as to why it does not rotate on the Album spine, on the left.

George

Album 01.jpg

Album 02.jpg

Hi George,

It's not rotating as you want because your "center" of rotation is still on the center of the object.  Place your mouse cursor carefully on the tiny dot in the very center of the object (your book page or cover). Hold down the shift key and when you see the cursor change, keep holding down the shift key and drag the little dot so it perfectly overlaps the tiny dot on the far left of the bounding square. Now observe the numbers in the "center" block on the readout. You will notice that it has changed from zero. The absolute "correct" numbers should be minus 100 on the X axis and Zero on the Y axis.  Now change the "Rotate" on the "Y" axis and you will see the rotation hinged on the periphery as you want.

Best regards,

Lin 

Sorry to return to this topic.

Whilst I now have the left hand side of my Album/ and then the right when flipped starting and ending on the same axis, the page does not actually flip on that axis, like when you open a book.

I attach another screenshot taken during the turn. Here the spine is along the 'B' axis but as you can hopefully see as the page flips over, it first moves to the right before ending on the 'B' axis.

Sorry, suggestions again please.

George

Album 03.jpg

Hi George,

I can't see the values in the Animations tab for the center and rotation so there is no way to actually answer your question. "IF" you move the center as described before, and "IF" the "X" center is -100 (minus 100) and the "Y" center is ZERO, then when you move the "Y" rotate ONLY there will be no movement except rotation on the left border as you want.

Best regards,

Lin

Finally finally got it licked.

"Place your mouse cursor carefully on the tiny dot in the very center of the object (your book page or cover). Hold down the shift key and when you see the cursor change, keep holding down the shift key and drag the little dot so it perfectly overlaps the tiny dot on the far left of the bounding square. "

Thankyou again.

George