WnSoft Forums

Shame on Adobe...

Lin Evans

There is no other way to say this: Adobe does not have the interest of their customer base in mind!  Because the Quicktime MOV video with alpha channel that Photoshop puts out works perfectly with PTE AV Studio 10/10 Pro, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase Adobe CC and pay the monthly fee. My system is top of the line with a very fast Intel i7 processor, 32 Gigabytes of RAM an nVidia 1660 ti video card with 6 Gigabytes of RAM and a 4K Samsung display. It all works perfectly.

So after giving them my credit card information and purchasing the monthly CC and latest version of Photoshop I went to download and install it. Imagine my surprise when I received a message telling me that my "system" would not run Photoshop. With some deeper digging, I discovered that unless one has Windows 7 - 64 bit or the latest version Windows 10, Photoshop will not install. That means people with Windows 8 or 8.1 which I use, simply can't install the latest Photoshop. Several revisions ago, Photoshop CC worked perfectly with Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.0. People who were on the CC payment plan, however, discovered that if they were running Windows 8 they could NOT updated their CC version even though Adobe continued to take their money. 

It's not that the latest CC versions won't "run" on Windows 8 because they will. It's because Adobe will not allow the user to install the latest versions on systems running 8.0 or 8.1 or older Windows version 10. They have effectively decided that they would simply skip versions of 8 and that users of 10 would have to updated to the latest version if they want Photoshop to install.

Adobe is well aware of this and will do NOTHING to correct it. I simply cancelled my subscription and that's it. I refuse to be forced into a different operating system just to run the Creative Cloud latest Photoshop version when multiple users who were running Win 7/64 could get it to run when it was already installed and they upgraded to Windows 8 or 8.1.  

There is PLENTY of chatter on the various forums about this. Sorry Adobe, I don't need you, there are plenty of other options which run just fine on my Win 8.1 system  On the other hand, you have alienated a statistically significant size of your user base. Good luck!

Lin

Lin,

Thanks for this info. It's a strange decision of Adobe. Because if they support Windows 7, I see no technical difficulties with supporting Windows 8/8.1. Both OS are very similar.

P.S. Future PTE 11 will support Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.