WnSoft Forums

Panos FX Fan Action - How to Animate With PTE

Lin Evans

Hi Folks,

This is an older subject revisited because Panos has recently updated his Fan Action so that it can output an animated fan in Photoshop CC by way of exporting to a Quicktime mov format video with alpha channel. This movie, or several can be dropped right in PTE AV Studio 10 and it plays perfectly. It can be placed over a still image or another video and the Quicktime video can be moved, keyframed, sized, positioned, etc., very easily with PTE AV Studio 10. 

However, not everyone has Photoshop CC but you can still use your version of Photoshop or Elements to output a static fan. This static fan can then be output from even older versions of Photoshop as individual fan blades which can then either be plugged into my template or with Dave G's style, used to create the animation of opening and closing in PTE AV Studio 10. This video shows you how to do that once you have followed Panos' instructions to create the static fan. Also I have links to my template as well as a zipped rtf text file (open with any text editor) which verbally explains the process. Those who don't speak English can use Google Translate and translate into their native language. I think everyone will be able to follow along O.K.

First the links to the zipped rtf file and the tempate.  Hopefully Dave will also provide a link to his style which also makes it even easier to do.

Lin

http://www.lin-evans.org/panos/fan template rtf.zip

Then the link to the template

http://www.lin-evans.org/panos/fan template.zip

Hi Lin,

Amazing. I wonder if we could skip the Photoshop action and just use image crop to split the image into rectangular pieces (like waving flag/curved text)?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

I suppose one "could" do it that way, but since the image was created by the PanosFX action in the first place, it's just much easier I think to do it with the action. There are three separate actions which create three types of fan. Two of them are amenable to this template. Dave created an action which as I remember took the individual fan blades as output from Photoshop in the layers to files and assembled them into the animation. There was some problem with accessing them which I think Igor has corrected by using one of his forum backups, but I haven't been able to find the action yet or I would have included it in the tutorial.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Kieron,

I was excited about perhaps using the new fan action to create the Quicktime mov with Alpha channel, but at least until now, I can't install Photoshop CC latest version on my system. If I get that resolved, perhaps I'll make another video and demonstrate better how that works with PTE.

Best regards,

Lin