WnSoft Forums

How to download and install slide styles Win 10

eyeUU

I am a newbie and have been persuaded to buy PTE AV Studio 10 by the many slideshows and demos by the people who have been using this for years and years. I've tried to search the forum for an answer to my problem, but my queries are not homing in on the relevant answers.

Basically, if I download a Slide Style that I like, a dialog box tells me that "the file doesn't have an App associated with it for performing this action". It says if the App is installed, to "create an association in the Default Apps Settings page"

Whenever I go there, I cannot get PTE AV Studio 10 to show up in the list of Apps (other than in one list which only gives me the option to Uninstall it). I'm convinced that it is something daft that I am doing, but can't put my finger on it.

Has anyone suffered the same problem? My Windows 10 is bang up to date, and it is only a month or so since I bought PTE.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Here is another newbie that thinks you need to start PTE AV Studio 10, start a new show and add a blank slide.

Then click the button Styles and Themes and in that window select Import style from the Tools button.

There might be other way(s) I am not aware of.  

Hi Ian

When you download a style do not try to open there. Save it to a folder where you might want to keep all your styles. Then open up PTE AV Studio 10. Click on the tab at the bottom that says styles. When the dialogue window opens you will see two tabs Styles/Themes. Make sure styles is selected. Then click Tools button and then Import Style. You will be given an option of a category to save it in. You can select any of the existing categories or create one yourself.

Gogs