WnSoft Forums

Escape key to stop Preview

If you have multiple monitors you can choose to preview on a different monitor (if system preference is set to ask every time). To stop the preview you must move your mouse to the correct monitor and set focus to make the window active before the escape key or clicking on X button stops the preview. If the PTE editor window is focused and you press the escape key it would be nice if the preview window(s) close even when running on a different monitor(s). This would save me from having to scroll across multiple monitors.

Thanks,
Tom

If the preview is running then that screen should already have focus.

If not then use Alt+Tab to quickly get to that window.

I thought that only one PTE window could have focus. Unless that has changed, I only have one monitor at the moment so can't check.

Jill

Hi Jill,

Alt-Tab is a good idea. It's just that I recently upgraded my graphics card and had  3 extra monitors so I connected all 4 monitors my PTE computer using one hdmi and the remaining with dvi to displayport adapters. Everything works great but I sometimes have multiple apps open and send the PTE preview window to an unused desktop.

I was thinking PTE editor could trap the escape key and close any preview windows open instead of actually having to navigate to that window. Also it would be great if number keys could launch preview. Maybe ctrl+1 for monitor 1, ctrl+2 for monitor 2, ...

Thanks,
Tom

skittles_keyboard_cover.jpg