WnSoft Forums

Water Reflection Style

tom95521

A slight wave distortion in the water created by using the image crop feature and Y zoom modifier. 16:9 format inside a mask. The reflection should probably be vertical, larger water distortion/frquency, and maybe a variation in opacity.

Thanks,
Tom

Water Reflection.ptestyle

Greetings Tom,

Thanks for the Style. I tried it with video clips. It works well with video clips from my Nikon DSLR. However, I notice that the audio get garbled when I use it with video clips from a GoPro camera.

I took a look at the audio stats using MediaInfo, but I could not detect any difference between them. I even separated the audio from the GoPro clip but that did not make any difference, still garbled.  Any ideas?  Gary

AudioStyle.thumb.jpg.fefe0ae35e2edcf9ac9ce838bd0d5e73.jpg

Hi Gary,

I can remove the SlideID and it should fix the redwood-national-park (the original image used to make the style).

I'm not sure why a zoom modifier would change the sound in a video. Something to do with speed? Maybe a bug? I will have to investigate further. This was just a test to see if the zoom modifier and image crop working together could create the illusion of water. I think Dave, Lin, and others have used image crop and rotate to make waving flags, which is the same idea.

I will try to improve the style but maybe someone else with better PTE skills can make it more realistic.:)

Inspiration from Minecraft desktop wallpaper and Dom's use of modifiers on the folded paper.

Thanks,
Tom

1 hour ago, tom95521 said:

Hi Gary,

I can remove the SlideID and it should fix the redwood-national-park (the original image used to make the style).

I'm not sure why a zoom modifier would change the sound in a video. Something to do with speed? Maybe a bug? I will have to investigate further. This was just a test to see if the zoom modifier and image crop working together could create the illusion of water. I think Dave, Lin, and others have used image crop and rotate to make waving flags, which is the same idea.

I will try to improve the style but maybe someone else with better PTE skills can make it more realistic.:)

Inspiration from Minecraft desktop wallpaper and Dom's use of modifiers on the folded paper.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

Here is a short GoPro video clip that you can use to see (hear) the difference. When the Style is applied, the sound gets distorted. The distorted sound shows up even in the Style's preview window.

Gary

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hcu3uqt8fsvhdyx/GH010387.converted.mp4/file

Hi Gary,

It looks like the video is not linking to the master video clip so many duplicate videos running, causing problems. I will try to link the reflection videos to the master. It seems to work with image crop but have never tried on video before.

Thanks,
Tom

Here is an updated version that *appears* to be compatible with video and images and SlideID blank. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Video Water Reflection.ptestyle

Excellent idea Tom and very clever trick !!

As you suggested me, I will try to work on your concept in the future.
But I have so many open projects right now that I don't know when I will have time. But I keep it in a side of my head. 
Congratulations again.

1 hour ago, tom95521 said:

Hi Gary,

It looks like the video is not linking to the master video clip so many duplicate videos running, causing problems. I will try to link the reflection videos to the master. It seems to work with image crop but have never tried on video before.

Thanks,
Tom

Here is an updated version that *appears* to be compatible with video and images and SlideID blank. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Video Water Reflection.ptestyle 4.44 kB · 2 downloads

Greetings Tom,

You fixed the SlideID but the audio of the GoPro video clips are still scratchy. Seems to work OK on the Nikon DSLR clips. Strange...

Gary

Hi Gary,

The style might still have some issues with duplicate video and audio. I might have to convert from image cropping to masks.

Thanks,
Tom

Gary,

This one should work for both images and video. I was having a hard time getting the videos to link to the master video but it seems to be working now. I'm not sure how much use a video water reflection will be due to the movement in the video. I tested with your video and it seems to work. I might try to work some additional wave movement in X pan direction and maybe a better gradient mask that makes the edges a little softer in the future.

Thanks,
Tom

Water Reflection.ptestyle

Greetings Tom,

Yes, you did your magic!! It works very nicely. Thanks. Cool style and the audio is perfect.

I made some adjustments for my own use. I put a border around the main image and changed the blue background to black.

But, is there a way to put the same border around the bottom reflection area? Just curious to see if it can be done. I can't figure out if it is possible because the reflection area is made up of many rectangles.

Any ideas???

Thanks... Gary

WaterReflectionBlkBdr.thumb.jpg.e345b01cb4b91be9170deb7a7ef5409e.jpg

Hi Gary,

I think it would take two rectangles below the image crop layers and in front of the water gradient. The top rectangle would be a blue gradient rectangle and then a slightly larger white rectangle below that for the border. I'm guessing it would not 'bend' like the water so maybe it will require a different method. I will see what I can do.

Thanks,
Tom

1 hour ago, thedom said:

Previous file deleted, download new version please.

Water Reflection modified.ptestyle 10.13 kB · 2 downloads

Greetings,

Great!!! It took a while but I figured out how to modify it a bit. Nice that we can fiddle with it to make it fit our own use. Thanks so much for your creativity.

Gary

2136423895_WaterReflectionmodified2.ptestyle.thumb.jpg.e7be4593aeb3917ff5308d8b43db4f28.jpg

Water Reflection-modified2.ptestyle

Hi Gary and Dom,

I was almost ready to give up and tell Gary it would be easier just to add a frame around the image in a photo editor but then you were able to solve the problem. I like both of your versions better than mine. :)

Thanks,
Tom

19 minutes ago, tom95521 said:

Hi Gary and Dom,

I was almost ready to give up and tell Gary it would be easier just to add a frame around the image in a photo editor but then you were able to solve the problem. I like both of your versions better than mine. :)

Thanks,
Tom

Greetings,

You guys are the seeds of inspiration! I couldn't even come close to creating stuff you do, but it is fun to tweak them and still learn from them.

Thanks... Gary