WnSoft Forums

Vibration animation

harbrimar

There is probably a very simple answer but at this time I can't think how to do it. Is there a way of making an object appear to vibrate, for example when a clock alarm activates? That is, the sort of thing that one sometimes sees in cartoons, the alarm bell rings and the clock jumps around.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a modifier question, but I think the answer to Harbrinar's question may be they Key. I just don't know how to do what was suggested. I'm trying to animate a waterfall. That also is a vibration. ProShow had a Modifier option also, but I think it worked different from the Studio 10 Modifiers. They had an example of a dog shaking off water. IMO a water fall would work similarly, just at a slower frequency. My question is, how do I get to the place where I can set the amplitude and repeats of the modifier?

Bob

They are in the Objects and Animation editor where it says ‘Add modifier’.

You may find it useful to have a read of the online User Guide for PT AV Studio 10 which gives you more detail. (Always a good place to start!)

Barry Beckham also has useful video information as well.

Regards

wideangle

That's a LOT of reading. Understand that I'm a new Studio 10 user, and used to thumbing through the pages of a printed User Guide. An online User Guide is quite different. The Search function can be very helpful if you know what you're searching for. Call it by the wrong name and what you find may not be very helpful.  In this case, I was lucky, and my search for "Modifiers" yielded some very helpful information . . . and Barry Beckham's tutorial was excellent. In comparison with ProShow modifiers, I think Studio 10 modifiers, once you understand what you're looking at, are easier to follow. I used the ProShow modifiers briefly. In their User Guide at the section on "Modifiers," they made the comment that the section was "Not for the faint of heart," and they weren't. Thanks for your help, Wideangle.

Bob

What you did with the online User Guide in searching for modifiers was exactly what I was meaning.  Glad you found something to help you.

Having said that, when you have a few hours to spare, the User Guide is a good read!!

Regards

wideangle

This post isn't about "Vibration," but it is about modifiers, animation and motion. No particular problem, but a couple of questions, and perhaps a suggestion. My first question is about a motion problem I posted about previously. It had to do with the simple flight path of a swooping eagle. (See attached picture). I finally solved my problem, with some help from the forum, with four keyframes and the animation settings arranged in a shallow parabola. Only after reading about modifiers in the online user guide and watching Barry Beckham's tutorial did I begin remembering ProShow modifiers. It had a function, under modifiers, that permitted setting the path of an object according to a triangular wave, a square wave, a parabola, etc. I guess my question is, is there any way to do this in Studio 10.

My second comment is not really a question, just  a ProShow experience with a problem with animation. ProShow couldn't resolve it. I'm not sure Studio 10 could. It was asking a lot. The video is a very simple one but doesn't zip well. The course picture was  the front view of an automobile sitting on a highway running north and south with the automobile sitting near the bottom of the screen (South end). The highway in the distance ran east and west, then curving into the north-south highway. I was lucky in finding  a picture that was the side view of a identical automobile. I animated it to travel from east to west along the top of the frame, travel around the curve, travel south and disappear off the bottom of the screen. The trick was to change the side view of the automobile to the front view. At the curve, the auto was still small, and I solved the problem by having the auto travel around the curve fast. I used to use a "morph" program that could slowly change one object into another. Example: I used it to change a picture of my daughter and her husband kissing into a picture of two wolves with their noses together. It occurred to me that such a function would be very useful in my automobile video. In Studio 10 I was faced with a similar motion problem. My video was of an airplane flying along a winding river. I had a picture of an airplane with one side showing. Attached are three picture from my video showing how I handled the problem.

Eagle Flight.jpg

1) Airplane Left Side.jpg

2) Airplane Turning.jpg

3) Airplane Right Side.jpg