WnSoft Forums

Styles-Retain AB and FSD

Greetings,

It would be helpful if the 'Styles and Themes' would have a choice to "Retain the AB (transition time) and FSD (Full Slide Duration)" of slides/videos already set in the project.

(Probably should appear for Styles that require only a single image or video.)

(I understand selecting a style will remove any already added animations).

Gary

2 hours ago, davegee said:

Styles can already retain the FSD.

DG

From what I see, single image Styles offer their own FSD default. If you want to keep the FSD you already have set for your image/video, you have to manually change that default FSD. Then after you have entered that Style with the FSD you wanted, the AB for that slide can change. And the FSD might not show the exact amount that had been entered. (I think this has already been noted in the past). See slide #64 below.

Also, the duration of the previous slide can change if you are not careful. What I am asking for is the ability to enter a Style and have the choice to automatically retain its existing FSD and AB of the slide and not change the settings of any other slide.

In the example below, I selected your 'Name' Style and the FSD default for that Style is 7.0. If I reset the FSD to the 2.5, I get the following results. 

Style-final.jpg.1d74a6fca7a5be166575255116604441.jpg

Also, I notice that if I apply the Style and accept the default FSD of 7.0 for 5 images, each image gets the FSD of 7.0. However, if I change the 7.0 to 2.25, the 2.25 duration gets spread over the5 images. The AB gets changed too. Not consistent.

921784753_Style-Final7vs225.thumb.jpg.605efc0b49a256e7985927ba91d039ed.jpg

Gary

1. Sorry, but I cannot duplicate your findings wrt the 2.5 second anomaly - If I ask for 2.5 seconds - I get 2.5 seconds.

2. wrt applying styles to multiple slides - note in the Styles Dialogue that this style (NAME - which was, I believe, made specifically for someone) was made for one slide at 7 seconds. If you apply that to 4 slides then the total time is calculated for 4 slides i.e. 22 seconds FSD. If you want four 2.5 second slides then you need to calculate the TOTAL FSD for the 4 slides and not input the time for a single slide.

3. At this time, with Igor going full steam ahead on the MAC version, I see little point in making suggestions of this kind. The correct time for this (IMHO) would be in the build up to Version 11 for PC (and MAC). Igor has already promised a re-vamp of Styles and suggestions made now could easily be forgotten. 

I was merely making the point that the FSD side of things is already covered, but takes a little thought before implementing.

DG

1 hour ago, davegee said:

1. Sorry, but I cannot duplicate your findings wrt the 2.5 second anomaly - If I ask for 2.5 seconds - I get 2.5 seconds.

I was merely making the point that the FSD side of things is already covered, but takes a little thought before implementing.

DG

I chose 5 images that all had the same FSD and AB. I randomly selected a Style for each one (1 image required) and changed the Styles' default FSD to 2.25 for each of them. I get inconsistent results. I can usually 'fix' the results but for new users, it must be confusing.

Gary

Styles-final.thumb.jpg.4dee148bf16cdfc3e6c578c46bc17db6.jpg

22 minutes ago, davegee said:

Try applying the same 1 image style to each of the 5 slides?

DG

Gave that a try.

When a Style was applied to each image (all had the same FSD and AB) individually, the ABs were changed from 0.25 to 0.375, and the FSDs were all changed from 2.25 to 2.375, except for the last one, stayed at 2.25.

When a Style was applied to 5 images (all had the same FSD and AB) all at once, the ABs were changed to 0.096 and the FSDs were changed to 0.577. So you have to be careful and apply a Style, made for 1 image, on an image by image basis. Or calculate the total FSD for that group.These inconsistencies are why it would be helpful if, whether you applies a single image Style to a single image or a group of image, the FSD and AB of each image should be retained, or at least have a box to select to do it that way.

Gary

1124971734_Style-5Final.thumb.jpg.8297e739e313da57cb6377fa90b9522b.jpg

The above shows the reasons why I never use Slide Styles or FSD - Total confusion !!!:o

New users don't stand a chance  :(

Small point Gary but AB is actually the Transition Type not the Transition Duration.

Jill

44 minutes ago, jkb said:

The above shows the reasons why I never use Slide Styles or FSD - Total confusion !!!:o

New users don't stand a chance  :(

Small point Gary but AB is actually the Transition Type not the Transition Duration.

Jill

Jill... Hmmm... Ok. We should say the "Transition Duration of the AB".  :)

Or..."TD", for short. No, wait... 'Transition Effect Duration'... 'TED'. We need a glossary of terms so we are all speaking the same language!!!!:)

Thanks...learn something every day.

Gary