WnSoft Forums

Styles - Import

Greetings,

When a Style is Imported, the Style will be imported to wherever the author designated the Category he wants it to be placed it in. Sometimes, you might not be aware of where it went or you might want it to be saved to a different Category or to an additional Category.

It would be helpful if, when the Style is being imported, you have the abilty to see which Category it is to be saved to before it gets saved, and the opportunity to choose a different Category (similar to the drop-down menu you see when Creating a Style). I see that if you save it again or move the Style to a different Category, it will delete the Style in the original Category. I think we might want to be able to save the Style in different Categories.

Gary

StyleImport.jpg.d4de0366795e95cdcf395db79325f496.jpg

171663547_StyleDropdown.thumb.jpg.b795697707117f3fb81787f2854af69b.jpg

Style Dropdown.jpg

Not a solution, but a workaround: Import the style; apply it to an appropriate set of images (do not care about its category); highlight the result; create a "new" Style (which is identical to the original), give it a name and a category of your choice.

5 hours ago, jt49 said:

create a "new" Style (which is identical to the original), give it a name and a category of your choice.

Not sure if this is the right solution for the PTE user community. I never change the name of a style or transition created by someone else. Changing the category is another matter, but not the name of the author, if it is present there. I think this is not ethical, and authorship is sometimes necessary to know and remember.
Of course, this is my personal opinion, I’m not going to impose it on anyone.

Paul

11 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

Not sure if this is the right solution for the PTE user community. I never change the name of a style or transition created by someone else. Changing the category is another matter, but not the name of the author, if it is present there. I think this is not ethical, and authorship is sometimes necessary to know and remember.
Of course, this is my personal opinion, I’m not going to impose it on anyone ...

PTE styles have a category, a name for the style, and a name for the author. I did not propose to change the author's name, but the category's name, and the name of the style. I've just made a test. In order to solve Gary's problem (while using my proposal) you may keep the original name and restrict the change to the category. BTW: Name changes are not a priori unethical.