WnSoft Forums

Unfolding concept

thedom

stranger2156

Thanks, Paul, for your advice!
I continued experiments to improve the effect. Yes, you are right, adding a gloss effect was a rather complicated process. I tried several options for adding masks. Not all of them worked correctly. But still the problem was resolved.

thedom

Thanks again for the excellent style and for the collective stimulation to study the complexities of the program!

Kind regardsб

Aleina

That’s excellent Aleina ! I love the ending animation of the unfold, the kind of bounce, really nice addition.
Adding context and realism to an animation and trying to make it look “real” is what really makes the difference. Well done.
I put my own animation on hold to work on “my dream” slideshow. I will certainly continue to work on it in a few days/weeks too.

thedom, stranger2156

Thank you very much for your rating! Yes, the bounce effect gives even more realism.
Thedom, I think that this effect provides wide horizons for creativity. I wish you success in your future work!

Aleina.

nelson,

Thank you! Welcome to our club of style experimenters! :D

My friends, I had to continue the experiment on this style. Viewers on my YouTube channel asked me to make an effect to unfold the photo with the empty back side. I tried to make several options. Pure white color and a little sepia. And also I decided to leave a little transparency on the back side. It seems to me that adding volume to pure white color when opening a photograph is much more difficult. Rate the result, please. Do you think the effect looks better, with an empty back side, or as it was before?

Aleina.

5 hours ago, Aleina Show said:

Pure white color and a little sepia.

Hi Aleina,
as one of the options is quite acceptable. But on light surfaces, the reflection effect is "lost". In my opinion, dark surfaces give more realistic volumetric effects when the image is expanded.

Best regards,

Paul

4 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

But on light surfaces, the reflection effect is "lost"

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your opinion!
I also agree that reflection is lost on light surfaces (with which we have suffered a lot). We had glossy paper, but then it immediately turned into a matte one. Therefore, I initially abandoned this idea. And if I didn’t leave a bit of transparency, it would be even worse. But there are fans of naturalism, so this option also has a right to exist. 

Kind regards,

Aleina

Me too, I love them both Aleina !

Some of you asked me privately if I will release a pack of styles with this concept of unfolding. The answer is yes. 
I plan to release it in 2 or 3 weeks... with a lot of surprises...