WnSoft Forums

Timeline Questions

canico

I have PTE V10 Studio and find the new features of audio clipping and fixing clips to slides very good . However I find the clips do not stay in the timeline they are put in but tend to bounce up and down vertically so that I have go searching for them. Is there a way of stopping this please?

Also is it possible to delete the blue/black dots from the audio line when they are not required ?

Thank you

Right click on an audio point to remove it.

The only way your sound clip would move by itself is if you are adding it as an audio comment, rather than just dragging it into the timeline.

You normally only have one audio comment track.

I have never had this problem, but I always add my sound by dragging it from the file list  into the timeline.

Jill

I had the same thing happen to me.  I am brand new to PTE V10.  I found the audio clips from different songs kept moving down vertically and maybe this was because I had to add some additional tracks after I had made the show.  If I had added all the songs at the beginning of creating the show, maybe this would not have happened.  The only way I found to add the new songs after the show had been created was to add it as an audio comment.  It sounds like I should have tried to drag it into the timeline.  

Yes, just drag to the position you want it.

As you drag you can easily add another track, you will see a thick black line in between tracks. If you drop the clip there it will add another track.

Jill