WnSoft Forums

Route Generator

The ability to draw a line to a map to show the route taken by an airplane, boat or vehicle.  A small airplane could start in New York and move across the ocean to London leaving a line behind to show the complete route.  Similarly for travel on land and water.   

8 minutes ago, JJB45 said:

Similarly for travel on land and water.

Hi,
the program does not need additional tools or functions to create similar effects, everything you need is available on the O&A tab. Using masks and suitable images will help you succeed.

Paul

Hi.

It is a little bit more complex than has been suggested, particularly the road map scenario where there are twists and turns to contend with. There used to be videos available (very likely by Lin Evans) that would be worth looking for. Have a look on the Help pages. Good luck.

John

1 hour ago, JJB45 said:

The ability to draw a line to a map to show the route taken by an airplane, boat or vehicle.  A small airplane could start in New York and move across the ocean to London leaving a line behind to show the complete route.  Similarly for travel on land and water.   

Greetings,

I have used a separate Route Generator program many times. It is a separate program but works well and, its results, can be added to a PTE show. Here is a link with a PTE show that uses a Route Generator program several times. I don't think we need it to be added to the PTE program, but you can get the separate program to get good results. The link to the Route Generator program I use is shown in one of the replies at this link. I originally tried to do it in PTE but much more difficult and time consuming:

Gary

Route generator works VERY well for this purpose and you can add any number of PNG "vehicles" such as motorcycles, boats, airplanes, trucks, cars, train, etc.  It's really a well thought out little program. I used to do it all in PTE, but Route Generator is very, very easy to use and as Gary said, "it's free."

Best regards,

Lin

I'm glad I came across this thread.  My main driver for buying PTE AV Studio 10 ( ac ouple of weeks ago) was to display my travel photos from my road trips, primarily of the US and UK.  I have already been exploring means of placing the routes I took on a map as well as photos of the associated locations.