WnSoft Forums

Help with a new PC Monitor decision

Xenofex2

With my now oldish but it has been very reliable Asus Desktop Monitor (4:3 – Screen length 45cms x Height 41 cms) and now developing stars (probably pixel damage) when looking at a black image on screen, it is about time I came up todate and got a 16:9 Monitor.

My trouble though is that here in the UK it is probably a choice between PC World or Amazon. PC World stores though are closed so I cannot go to view and compare and then talk it over with a Salesman whereas Amazon just lump all the reviews together and whatever monitor I look at, as is normal, there are negative reviews. (Sound/Bleed ??/Screen etc – quite often I have no idea what they are talking about but just know it is something negative). I am really confused.

All I want is a Monitor to go with a Desktop PC running Windows 10. I want it with in built speakers - less clutter. I am long time retired so not work related. I do not play games or will watch a film on it. Used I guess mainly for Photo & Video editing. PTE. I am probably sitting around 70 cms from the screen. At those looked at so far probably around the £100 - £200 area.

I would therefore just appreciate any tips, comments or suggestions please. What should I be looking for? Does it matter if the Monitor has been out for a few years? Just anything or I really will be seeing stars.

George

Dave,

Thankyou. Most certainly not a name I recognise. Above link 'could not be found' but appears that is a 2483 Model and looking at Amazon the 2495 Model

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iiyama-XUB2495WSU-B1-ProLite-Adjustable-Monitor/dp/B079HR17ZB/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&aaxitk=Gly-zTlhO5K4ddQ9aIqPpg&hsa_cr_id=7908640600502&ref_=sb_s_sparkle

looks ideal, and no negative reviews!!!!!!!!!

George

Hi George, I use two Benq led monitors 16x9.

Can't tell you the model number off hand, but very pleased with them.

Got the second last year from Amazon when my old flat screen one failed.

No sound though as I use. My hifi connected to the pc.

Jill