WnSoft Forums

Photo Album project

thedom

EDIT #4 : final demo of the styles package including 24 different animations. It's a non linear presentation with same 8 images in loop.
A linear photo album with opening and closing sequence of the album and no limited number of photographs / pages turning is also possible with my styles package , like in this demo.
Styles package available on my website  https://gumroad.com/thedom?sort=newest#kLjsfG

EDIT #3 : first video of a complete photo album sequence (opening, pages turning, closing). It’s a very classic presentation.

EDIT #2 : video of the photo album opening published

EDIT #1 : here is the first video of my "new" photo album concept, I choosed to make something non linear.
It's only pages turning for the moment but the add of the book opening is my next big creation step.
Do not hesitate to leave me feedback and suggestions for final version. Thanks!

INITIAL MESSAGEGuess what my next project is. To help you, you can watch my 2009's version when rotation on X / Y axis didn't existed yet in PTE.
https://vimeo.com/3610329

TheDom-Next project.JPG

Looks really good Dom! Very realistic. Great detail in the book binding and cover.

Will the ability to add/control more turning pages be available?

Thanks,

Kieron

1 hour ago, nelson said:

Looks really good Dom! Very realistic. Great detail in the book binding and cover.

Will the ability to add/control more turning pages be available?

Thank you for your comment Nelson.

I will try to offer as much flexibility as possible.

I still have to think about it but I am considering to propose a pack of styles :

A - 2 or 3 styles with fixed point of view (above, on the side...) and unlimited number of pages turning (single sequence in a linear and fluid way without any transition)

B - a dozen of different styles to build your own photo album sequence with short sequences like in the video.

You will have the ability to mix A and B styles. By example, 12 pages turning with style A1. Then 20 pics with different points of view with B type styles.  And 10 pages turning with style A2.

Book opening and book closing will be included in A type styles.

What do you think ?

Dom,

Looks fantastic! Thanks.

What parameters you use to create a video file to upload for YouTube? Send me a screenshot. I think that picture quality can be improved. I recommend to use 1920 x 1080, High quality, 60p. 

Alice, Phil, Aleina, thank you very much !

Alice, I will certainly release a new video in a couple of days of the photo album opening.
It's much more complex than I thought with the bending pages...

Igor, here is the capture of parameters used for video file. 
I created a video 1080p high quality 60p. It looks fantastic on my computer.

Here is the link to the video uploaded on YouTube https://youtu.be/ctTAvrZD27
It seems it's not better than the 1080p high quality 30fps (even worse ?) 

Capture - youtube for Igor.JPG

Dom,

60p version looks smoother.

Can you send me an original video file which you upload to Youtube (and a link to YouTube) to compare same video?

It seems that YouTube reduces visual quality with an agressive compression.

I recommend to make a bit softer a wooden background to avoid moire effect. Adjust "Smoother/sharper" parameter in Properties tab. It's set to -100 by default. Try 0 (zero). Probably a lot of fine details on wooden surface consumes video bitrate and leaves less quality for pictures in the album. So making background more softer should improve visual quality.

Also try to use "Motion Blur Normal" in video output parameters, it will add more realistic animation with cinematic look.

11 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Dom,

For some reason, Vimeo seems to play high resolution video better than YouTube... You might want to try it there..

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin, you're right, it's better. Thank you for the tip.

10 hours ago, Igor said:

Dom,

60p version looks smoother.

Can you send me an original video file which you upload to Youtube (and a link to YouTube) to compare same video?

It seems that YouTube reduces visual quality with an agressive compression.

I recommend to make a bit softer a wooden background to avoid moire effect. Adjust "Smoother/sharper" parameter in Properties tab. It's set to -100 by default. Try 0 (zero). Probably a lot of fine details on wooden surface consumes video bitrate and leaves less quality for pictures in the album. So making background more softer should improve visual quality.

Also try to use "Motion Blur Normal" in video output parameters, it will add more realistic animation with cinematic look.

I will send you the video and try the other options you suggest, thanks Igor.

Hi dom

The effect looks so effective and smooth on the Vimeo clip.

I bought some of your templates in the early days, and thought that they were very good at the time, but when you compare the early version of the photo album with what you have got here, the improvement is tremendous.

It’s the attention to detail which makes all the difference, like the realistic shadows and the curved pages, for example.

It’s also a good indication of how the tools in PT AV Studio have developed in that time. 
All credit to both you, and Igor and the team. 

Regards

wideangle

12 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Dom,

For some reason, Vimeo seems to play high resolution video better than YouTube... You might want to try it there..

Best regards,

Lin

Totally agreed!! and I did not get some much interruption of the videos with ads in Vimeo :)

I finally finish the book opening! Please watch it in full screen.

It was much difficult than I expected and I had to start from over several times.
I posted a previous version yesterday evening on my YouTube channel but was not pleased with the result this morning.
For those of you who subscribed to my YT channel and already watched it, this one is brand new and I think much better.
There are still little things I want to add to improve the sequence, to make it smoother and more realistic but it's only details now, main work is finished.

This video  is just the same sequence played several times but with different pictures (ground, cover, pictures and pages) and with different "camera" angles. 
The result is quite different from one to the other.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thedom said:

I finally finish the book opening!

Hi Dom,
Your experiments with 3D modeling of the book look fantastic, I especially liked the last two demos (starting at 1:02). Respect!
P.S. With a negative value for turning the book along the Y axis, a small strip is noticeable. Knowing your pedantry, I think you will want to fix it.

Paul

2020-05-22_062954.jpg

2020-05-22_063439.jpg