WnSoft Forums

Photo Album project

thedom

Thank you very much for your positive comments.

4 hours ago, Georges said:

Je ne suis jamais déçu par vos modèles qui sont toujours de qualité et très inventives jusqu'au moindre détail (ombre..). Pensez-vous que le modèle sera disponible à l'achat sur votre site ?

Merci Georges. Le style sera disponible à l'achat. Mais je rencontre quelques problèmes, notamment un souci que j'ai remonté dans la section troubleshooting.
Cela risque de différer la publication de quelques jours.

Hi Dom,

I'm making an album with 16 photos plus 16 backgrounds (32 slides) using the styles "00 - Opening Sequence" and "20 - Closing sequence".
After applying the first style on the first 12 photos (24 slides) the album ends with a 0° tilt. But the album obtained with the second style on the last 4 photos (8 slides) starts with a 20° tilt.
Is it possible to "smoothly connect" the two parts of the album? With a kind of intermediate style - maybe on on 8 slides - which would make the album go from a non-tilted album to a 20° tilted album? I hope you understand what I mean.:-)

But whatever it is, I want to congratulate you on a huge and wonderful job.

A little remark: the ".ptestyle" file contains 31 styles but, after import,  the category "TheDom Photo Album" contains only 28 styles. After checking I saw that the ".ptestyle" file contains 3 times the style "99 - Choose...".

Best regards,

Bernard Ribot

1 hour ago, ribotb said:

I'm making an album with 16 photos plus 16 backgrounds (32 slides) using the styles "00 - Opening Sequence" and "20 - Closing sequence".
After applying the first style on the first 12 photos (24 slides) the album ends with a 0° tilt. But the album obtained with the second style on the last 4 photos (8 slides) starts with a 20° tilt.
Is it possible to "smoothly connect" the two parts of the album? With a kind of intermediate style - maybe on on 8 slides - which would make the album go from a non-tilted album to a 20° tilted album? I hope you understand what I mean.:-)

Hi Bernard, I think I understood your excellent idea. It will give the ability to create a complete classic album without "interruption".
I created and added an alternative closing sequence style in the zip (style 20b). Please download the file again and tell me if it is what you wish. 

1 hour ago, ribotb said:

A little remark: the ".ptestyle" file contains 31 styles but, after import,  the category "TheDom Photo Album" contains only 28 styles. After checking I saw that the ".ptestyle" file contains 3 times the style "99 - Choose...".

Thank you for letting me know.
I have no idea why the final style was duplicated three times in the .ptestyle file because I exported the style category, not style by style.
May be a PTE bug? I will ask Igor what he thinks about it.

Hi Dom,

There is a good continuity between the position of the album at the end of the style "00 - Opening Sequence" and the position of the album at the beginning of the style "20b - Closing sequence". It's a pity that the connection can't be made with a page turn. I  think that it's not possible.

Best regards,

Bernard

40 minutes ago, ribotb said:

It's a pity that the connection can't be made with a page turn. I  think that it's not possible.

Hi Bernard, I don't understand what you mean. I made a test and the page turns, there is no visible discontinuity between the two sequences.
Please post a video or an exe file of your result. Thanks.

21 hours ago, thedom said:

Hi Bernard, I don't understand what you mean. I made a test and the page turns, there is no visible discontinuity between the two sequences.
Please post a video or an exe file of your result. Thanks.

Hi Dom,

A little photo album (8 photos with style 00 + 4 photos with style 20b) where theres is a discontinuity:

Bernard.

57 minutes ago, wideangle said:

I don’t have the style, but just a thought. 
Do you need to start the closing sequence with the same two photos you used at the end of the opening sequence?

Hi wideangle,

Before applying the styles, images 7 and 8 (last images of the first 8 images on which the opening style is applied) are different from images 9 and 10 (first images of the last 4 images on which the closing style is applied).
I just made a little mistake at the beginning: images 1 and 2 are identical.

Regards,

Bernard

2020-07-07_101538.thumb.png.703401b61b81fc31c4d44068860679c0.png

1 hour ago, wideangle said:

Do you need to start the closing sequence with the same two photos you used at the end of the opening sequence?

Yes, you are perfectly right, that’s exactly what must be done.
Bernard, opening and closing sequences are two different styles. And there is no connection between styles. That’s why you have to duplicate the images the way wideangle describes it.

1 hour ago, thedom said:

Yes, you are perfectly right, that’s exactly what must be done.
Bernard, opening and closing sequences are two different styles. And there is no connection between styles. That’s why you have to duplicate the images the way wideangle describes it.

Yes! it works!

For my album with 12 images:

image 1, image 2, [...] image 7, image 8, image 9, image 10
apply opening style
image 9, image 10, image 11, image 12
apply closing style

One more time: super job, Dom!

Bernard

Dom,

What a find inside your Photo Album.

I recently decided to copy over guides I see for Styles (on your website it is by clicking on the link underneath the video) plus any tips from the Forum, into a special Styles Tips Folder - a helpful reminder of best usage for me as time passes.

It though has been as a result of looking at TheDoms website and clicking on the 'Photo Album Style' I found your gem of a suggestion ... a link to a website for ideas & inspiration and a huge amount of free textures.

An added bonus for my Photo Album.

Thankyou.

George