WnSoft Forums

AV Studio 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 freeze on project options [SOLVED]

Roel

Dear Igor,

Today upgraded from 9.0.22 to 10 and have had only frustrations.

First I thought that it might be from the file I was sent but now I have demonstrated that it is V10.

I found a reference on the forum to install 10.0.2 for this type of problem and did so but without any improvement.

It was also annoying to find that upon each installation, I had to redo my preferences.

All drivers are up to date. Windows 10 is up to date. Working on Gigabyte i7 64 bit with 8GB RAM although that does not even come into play since the project is only open when I open 'project options".

I can do all the adjustments I want, but when I select OK, cancel or the X on top right, nothing happens.

The only way to get out of here is to End Task in Task manager and that is not on!

Please help.

Roel

Hi Roel,

I apologize for this problem. Let me know - what graphics card in your computer?

Try the following solution: 

Main menu > Settings > Preferences. System tab. Tick the option "Alternate renderer...". Click OK button and restart PTE.

Roel,

Try to run PTE on Intel integrated graphics. Click right mouse button on a PTE shortcut and find a command associated with Intel graphics.

7 hours ago, Roel said:

It was also annoying to find that upon each installation, I had to redo my preferences.

If you have any previous version, the new version always suggest import settings from previous versions on first run.

Roel,

Can you send me a diagnostic info about your computer?

Press Win+R hotkey, type "dxdiag", press Enter key. A new window with DXDiag utility will appear. Click Save/Export button and send me a saved text file.

Thanks for that Igor. However it made no difference and the issue is still not resolved.

What is fascinating all the time, is that when Project options is Open, I can cycle through all the tabs and parameters, but not click OK, cancel or close.

Even when task manager reports zero activity, I still cant close PTE or get out of project options.

When the project opens, it plays normally.

I then went back to version 9 and now have the same issue there which I did not have before.

Here I get an error message now. Copied that and the version detail on the attached document.

It is not related to my old or new project because it behaves the same way with Barry's sample project, also in both versions.

The saga continues...

regards

Roel

This isn’t a windows issue is it. Since I did an update a day or so ago, strange things have happened to me with a Camtasia project. Sound or visual tracks disappear from the timeline and I have no idea why, which is odd. Given that I’ve been using Camtasia for years. At first I put it down to an unknown error I must have made, but it’s now happened a few times.

Just a thought.

I am pleased to report that rolling back Win 10 to 16 May appears to have done the trick plus the build 8 Igor sent last night.

Was any coding changed in build 8?

Regards

Roel

• Igor changed the title to AV Studio 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 freeze on project options [SOLVED]

Roel,

Do you observe the same problem with freezing in PTE 9 and PTE 10?

Try to find updated drivers for NVIDIA graphics. Your current drivers are dated by September of 2018 for NVIDIA. Check your laptop's manufacturer's website for available drivers, if Windows Update app doesn't offer new drivers.

P.S. Please don't attach a screenshot with the About window, it contains your license key.

• Igor changed the title to AV Studio 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 freeze on project options

Morning all,

Nvidia confirms all my Studio type drivers are up to date.

I have never had a need for a Game driver but now installed

445.87-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql

Restarted the machine.

Same issue persists.

Restarted PTE opened Settings - Preferences - System and selected Alternate renderer.

The settings dialogue closes as expected. As do all the other dialogue boxes such as Slide Options, Slide Style, O & A, BUT NOT PROJECT OPTIONS.

Irrespective whether you use it from the button at the bottom left or from the File menu

In Version 9 I get this error message when opening Slide Options:

image.png.6de1fcddc6879d41054d3010ed25d4eb.png

Selecting Project Options gives this error message:

image.png.ff5cbf996e310734e36e40b65db23fa9.png

Slide Style opens and closes without a hitch but O & A gives a similar error message:

image.png.1ddd968345d05076dec07144e3d9bb5c.png

Fortunately these error messages do close and the programme first appears not to freeze (PTE9.0.22)

Getting the same error message when wanting to confirm the version number under About.

image.png.9b108ff068cfb18bb7db17801f73abcc.png

It does however also freeze similar to 10 and only ending via task manager is possible

I attach the Task Manager dump files for both versions; hope that it might assist with solving the riddle.

Regards

Roel

PS

Sorry, the Forum interface tells me the upload is limited: "You are only allowed to upload 7.81MB."

The two files are 413MB and 634MB respectively.

You will now find them here in due course, once the upload is finished:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-xz7L3VAqAwkY9bViC7LrcxcqSSL4VP2

Roel,

Try the following:

1. Close PTE 9 and 10.

2. Browse Documents folder > PicturesToExe. Make a full backup of PicturesToExe folder and delete this folder (or rename).

3. Uninstall PTE 9 and PTE 10.

4. Restart Windows.

5. Install PTE 9 again. If the program will offer import settings from previous versions, SKIP this action. Check the work of PTE 9.

6. Install PTE 10. Skip import of settings.
Check the work of PTE.

Thanks Igor.

Done all that but only installed PTE 10. This now works 100%

Perhaps we should not tempt fate by putting 9 back as well unless really required.

There is no logical reason why it behaves this way...

Regards

Roel

• Igor changed the title to AV Studio 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 freeze on project options [SOLVED]