WnSoft Forums

Manage Templates

mawcamera

In PTE AV Studio 10.0.10 an attempt to change the default folder for show templates causes the program to freeze. Whether I try to do this through Manage Templates in the file menu or directly through Settings-Preferences produces the same problem. I can select the folder I wish to select but when I then click OK the program freezes and reports that preferences is not responding., I then close the program and on reopening, PTE works fine. The problem occurs whatever sequence I have open at the time even with a new project open containing only a single blank slide.

Mine is a new i7 desktop with an Nvidia 2060 super video card with 8 Gigabytes of RAM. I have not found any other problem and this one is minor blemish in an outstanding piece of software.

Thanks

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

What large your Templates folder and how many templates it contains?

By default, this folder is located here: Documents\PicturesToExe\Templates

I have 2 templates and I just tried to change a location of this folder in the Preferences window of PTE. No problem.

Try to choose another destination for this folder.

Alternate solution: manually make a backup of original Templates folder. Delete all sub-folders in Templates folder. And change a location in PTE. Then find a new folder in Explorer and move manually all files from a backup copy.

Thanks for replying Igor,

I have just tried to select another folder and the problem remains. I tried to create a new template folder which was empty and still the program hung after selecting this. Templates are created OK in the folder shown in preferences

d:/slideshows

which is not I think one which I ever selected but cannot be sure as I only use create template after finishing a sequence. This is a folder with several subfolders within it and this does not seem to cause any problem.  I will continue to create templates in this folder and drag them to the folder I require

d:/slideshows/showtemplates

which is really no problem but will keep an eye on this as new updates arrive.

I prefer not to clutter the c: (program) drive with data and  always save finished sequences as a template rather than use backup in zip. When my data drive is 3 Terabytes I can see no benefit in the slight compression that BiZ provides and prefer to maintain image and sound quality in case I wish to alter an old show in any way.

It really is not a serious problem but thought I would report it in case others have met it.

Congratulations on producing such an excellent piece of software as PTE AV Studio. It represents a significant improvement on previous versions - I started with PTE 4 some 15 years ago or so.

Thanks

Adrian

Adrian,

3 hours ago, mawcamera said:

d:/slideshows/showtemplates

This path is incorrect. You need to use a delimiter "\". NOT "/" which is only for Mac or Linux applications.
The correct path would be: D:\slideshows\showtemplates
Did you type this new path manually using keyboard, or you clicked "Change" button and choose a another folder in a standard Open folder dialog window?

3 hours ago, mawcamera said:

Congratulations on producing such an excellent piece of software as PTE AV Studio. It represents a significant improvement on previous versions - I started with PTE 4 some 15 years ago or so.

Thanks!

Hi again

I selected the folder as you can see in the attached screen dump. I am not able to select any new folder for templates including desktop and folders on my C: drive. For the time being I am quite happy to work around this.

Adrian

screen dump 01.jpg

Hi again Igor

Further point - I noticed from my screen dump that the chosen folder for styles/templates had somehow migrated to my OneDrive. I have managed to change that back to the default on c: dive but the fault with manage templates still persists. 

Adrian

Adrian,

Please try again:

1. Close PTE.

2. Find a foldere where you original Templates folder is located.

3. Copy all sub-folders from Templates to another new folder.

4. Delete Templates folder.

5. Run PTE. And move a location of Templates folder to a new location.

6. Close PTE.

7. Copy folders from a backup of Templates into a new location with Templates. 

Good morning Igor

Have tried as you suggest but unfortunately the situation is still the same and preferences freezes with a failing to respond message. Windows 10, PTE, and all drivers are up to date. I attach system details with the fault I am reporting listed at the end.

Thanks again

Adrian

DxDiag.txt