WnSoft Forums

Again, again, ......

MUR

Hi

Again again,.............

Periodically it has appeared in this forum, the subject of criticism of the works presented and after some interventions, it disappears again.

For those who have seen my post "Spring", they will understand what I mean.

I want all those who want to give me their opinion about the possibility of having a section in the forum, for those who consider it positive to receive constructive criticism.

MUR

Hi,

I can start a poll for members regarding a new section on the forum.

Please suggest:

1. A text of question for this poll.

2. Variants of answers.

3. Suggested name for this new section of the forum.

I don’t understand the very need to create a separate section or something else for constructive comments on user work. But is it that the topics in which each work is presented are not suitable for this? The author presents his work in a separate topic, others look at it and leave constructive comments (if any). What else is needed? I do not catch the point in some additional platform for constructive comments. Indeed, in any case, we will need the subject of discussion for comments ... will we duplicate the topics presented or dump everything into one topic?

Hi stranger2156

The problem is that some people present their work as finished projects and don't like criticism, so you never know if making a comment can be taken wrong. In other forums, there is a section for reviews and when it is finished it is passed to final projects section and that works very well.

If somebody has a final project, post it and can skip this section

MUR

16 hours ago, Igor said:

Hi,

I can start a poll for members regarding a new section on the forum.

Please suggest:

2. Variants of answers.

Here is a personal suggestion.  

Do you want to create a new section in the forum to post you work in progress and receive constructive reviews/help to finish your project ?

2. Variants of answers.

• I don't think it's necessary
  • Why not, but I'm not sure I will visit it
  • Yes, I fully support this project !
  • Why doesn't it exist yet ?! 
  • What's PTE AV Studio ? ;-)

I suggest "Work in progress - reviews/help wanted"
In my opinion, it would be not a section for tips (but it's only MY opinion).

10 hours ago, MUR said:

In other forums, there is a section for reviews and when it is finished it is passed to final projects section and that works very well.

Hi, MUR
Now your idea becomes clear to me. Receive constructive comments and suggestions in the process of creating a presentation. Well, such an idea has a right to exist, it is difficult for me to judge how relevant it is to this forum. There is something similar on my forum, but not for constructive criticism, but in the form of an appeal to the community to help or advise in something. When the author is not sure of his abilities to cope with something on his own.

Regards

Paul

Hi 

Constructive criticism, opinions (which can be freely accepted or not), request for help during the intermediate stages of a project and related topics, in an atmosphere of conversations between friends.

More than 300 people have seen this post, please give your opinion, any opinion.

MUR

At our AV group meetings we have sessions for work in progress. People can show their projects for constructive comments and help. They are very useful.

I support the suggestion of a separate section for this purpose.

Jill

Hi Igor

Many, many, many thanks for always being attentive to the wishes (too many) of the users of your wonderful program.
Thanks also to those who publicly in the forum, supported my idea

MUR :)

I have some observations.
1- The forum has a small limit on the size of the files and some works are bigger and I don't like the idea of placing them in public places, such as youtube or vimeo
2- In many cases it may be convenient to put the project zip and not just the exe or mp4, so that the details can be seen in O&A.
3- In the case of the project zip, it is convenient to place a copy of the fonts used

5 hours ago, Igor said:

Hi,

I created a new section on the forum:

Work in Progress
Shows, Tips and Constructive Feedback

https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/forum/83-work-in-progress/

I welcome any suggestion to correct the name and the description.

In my opinion, main title (« work in progress ») is perfect but subtitle should be « Constructive feedback and help wanted ».

Hi !

I just saw this thread about the new section for works in progress, even I did not see many content there yet, it looks promising. Looking forward to see some work of you guys to learn a little bit :)

And by the way, thanks a lot Mur for the nice suggestion!