WnSoft Forums

Apply same animation options to multiple objects.

You can already apply same "properties" options to multiple objects (example: show only front side)

It would be sooo convenient and such a big time saver to be able to apply same "animation" options to multiple objects.

Example:

- same blur or same brightness to objects

- add a key frame with same time to objects!

Blur can be applied now to several objects simultaneously, as well as front / back display or transparency. To have the same opportunity for color correction filters, I think, would be nice too. For example, if I need the same color correction in a dozen objects, it would be enough to activate the color correction filter when selecting all the first key frames in these layers.

I very rarely use blur for master objects because in my experience, this causes display anomalies if you individually change blur parameter of one of the child objects. 
I prefer to apply blur indivisually to keep full control.

I didn't konw for front/back display and for transparency (=opacity?).
I tried but didn't succeed to make it work. Can you give me more details please ? Thanks.

In my opinion, the suggestion would be particularly useful for "speed animation" parameters too.

85/5000

1 hour ago, thedom said:

I prefer to apply blur indivisually to keep full control.

I mentioned blur because you specified it in the examples of the first post. I had a recently interesting case with blurry footage under a mask. There was a need to do 1-2% blur to smooth out the sharp contour of the footage (animals and birds in the Summer Cids Album project). Neither in the mask stencil nor in the contents of the mask did the blur give an acceptable result. Such a result became possible to obtain only in the mask container by setting 2% in the blur parameter, which affected all the contents of the container at the same time.

1 hour ago, thedom said:

I didn't konw for front/back display and for transparency (=opacity?).

Front / back visibility, as well as transparency for a group of objects, is set as follows. For the visibility of the parties, first select the desired group of objects, go to the properties tab and set the desired visibility. It will change simultaneously for all selected objects.
For transparency. The same, first select a group of objects, then the first keyframes in this group and set the desired transparency for the entire group at the same time.

2020-05-28_001142.jpg

2020-05-28_001519.jpg

Thank you for taking time to answer in details.

Actually, there was a misunderstanding on my side I think. I thought you were talking about the ability to apply same front/back display or percentage of  opacity to all children of a master object by applying those parameters only to master object. As you certainly know, it is possible but only for blur parameter right now.

Yes, what you explain is possible for all parameters of the « Properties » tab. It will apply the parameters to all selected objects.

What I would like is the same for all parameters of the « animation » tab. I didn’t know it was already possible for « opacity » parameter.

7 hours ago, thedom said:

As you certainly know, it is possible but only for blur parameter right now.

This is so ... I would like to see the same opportunity for transparency and correction filters. It seems to me that all other animation parameters in the child objects are directly dependent on the parent, although they do not take their values. This applies to motion parameters. And such a connection / dependence seems to me optimal.
P.S. Developers, apparently, will have to turn off the change in transparency and correction filters in key frames, in the case when they are preinstalled globally in the parent object for all content. Such an approach would suit me perfectly. It is flexible enough and is currently implemented for blurring. Then there will be a choice, depending on the need.