WnSoft Forums

Introduction to photo album ?

thedom

I started this project with the photo of a french window I found on the website of a window manufacturer a few weeks ago (I believe on this site).
I did not know exactly what I wanted to do with it but I thought that this could used as a nice basis for a future project.

The project was built over an afternoon without any preconceived idea, intuitively and without knowing what I wanted to achieve exactly.
I added the elements according to my inspiration. First the doors (found here) then the frames (found there).

The "architecture" of the coffee table is the one of my own coffee table. I took photography of the casters.
The travelling was achieved at the end.
There are still little blows that I would try to soften and some little display bugs I want to fix too.

I ended up with this little sequence.
The goal is not to present the photos hanging on the walls but to be an introductory sequence to a photo album.
What do you think ?

Love this idea. The ability to change the scene to fit ones own project would be great.

I have used your albums in the past and tried (although not very well) to use the book coming out of a book case or shelf in a bookstore from an area I travelled to in Ladakh as an opening sequence.

I hope you expand this idea further,

Kieron

I am also curious if you will be re-visiting and updating some of your older templates, like the Handwriting with fountain pen, typewriter, and the Travel one that used a calendar.?

Thanks,

Kieron

Hi Dom,

Very nice. Virtual art exhibitions are getting popular due to covid-19.

Tom

Here are a couple of examples of Windows software from Steam. There are web hosting virtual exhibit sites  (cost money) for artists.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1318980/Virtual_Exhibition/

My favorite is FlowScape's gallery with the sloped ceiling, skylights, and tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weP5-Cxa6tI

5 hours ago, Lin Evans said:

Cool !!! I like it !!!!

Lin

Thanks Lin ! Always good to have feddback from someone like you who made and give so much to PTE

5 hours ago, nelson said:

Love this idea. The ability to change the scene to fit ones own project would be great.

I have used your albums in the past and tried (although not very well) to use the book coming out of a book case or shelf in a bookstore from an area I travelled to in Ladakh as an opening sequence.

Kieron

Thanks Kieron.
Do you have precise ideas how to "change the scene" ?

Great idea ! I could use this idea in the future and of course, to offer you the style (in case it's not free).

I am also curious if you will be re-visiting and updating some of your older templates, like the Handwriting with fountain pen, typewriter, and the Travel one that used a calendar.?

I like to do new things. So I'm not certain. But I had a new idea about the handwriting with the use of modifiers. SO why not... 

2 hours ago, MUR said:

Hi thedom

Very good animation, very accurate and as always, great handling of light and shadows.

MUR

Thanks Mur. Yes, I really spend a lot of time to adjust those light and shadows parameters to make the scene look "real" and give it volume.

2 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

A great start to showcase your albums (reducing time a bit due to speed). :)

Paul

Thanks Paul. Yes, I agree, the pace is too slow, I will accelerate it in standard version. And for those who would like to accelarate or slow it down, they can play with the speed parameter of the style.

On 5/31/2020 at 12:43 AM, Aleina Show said:

Beautiful embodiment of the idea! You are great at creating 3D models in PTE!

Thanks Aleina. I think I would have loved to have a work in 3D design!

On 6/1/2020 at 5:51 PM, Alice said:

Very creative idea, and I like how the cam approach the album, and the feeling of comfort created by the light of the windows... looks pretty nice, congrats :)

Thanks Alice. I fixed display issues and added some details that might increase this comfort feeling.