WnSoft Forums

Keyframes-spread?

goddi

Greetings,

I am not too sure how to ask this question because it is not something I have had to work with before. I have been asked to edit a Zoom video. The person wants to block out all the participants except the moderator. This would be easy except that the frame of the moderator moved up one space, then back down, during the presentation.

So, I have been able to block out the upper two participants (#1 and #2) and the lower portion, #4, by using black rectangle files over the images. I am able to block out the other participants' video portions.  But, I would like to have all of his frames showing, and not exclude any of his video during this movement of his position during the Zoom.

The problem is the keyframes are all on top of each other and it is next to impossible to tweak the keyframes or to even see the keyframes. I have to set the changes in opacity so that they sit on top of each other and it is hard to work with them. And changes in the black rectangle sizes.

Is there any way to 'stretch out' the keyframes so we can work with them easier? And, what is the best strategy to accomplish this editing. I want to block #3 and show #2; then block #2 and show #3.

I wish I could explain it more clearly...

Gary

Zoom.thumb.jpg.d693cd0739960e7ad4b92dd26cf864aa.jpg

Gary, you can't "spread keyframes out" but if in Objects and Animations you hold the CTRL key down and click on the objects, or hold the shift key and click on the first and last object (video) the keyframes will appear on different levels so you can easily control the specific video clip you are dealing with.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, Lin. But none of your suggestions do anything in my project. I have looked in the Help and tutorials but I have not found anything yet. I will keep looking for things along what you have suggested. It would be nice also if we could make thinner keyframes. I know '100%' is the smallest but they still sit on top of each other.

image.png.196e17ee411d8190c0a9554d95b40304.png

Thanks... Gary

Not much sense in looking further Gary, that's about all there is.  Perhaps some day the keyframes might appear on a timeline view and enjoy the same ability to spread things out, but right now you have to use the numbers if they are too close to deal with otherwise.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, Lin. I've not needed this before but now that I see how easy it is to bunch up keyframes, it really needs to have the ability to spread them out to be able to make fine adjustments. I wonder why I can do what you suggest. Maybe I am missing something. Maybe I misunderstand. I can get the different objects to to be listed (Ctrl-A) but, as you said, we can't spread out the actual keyframes.

Gary

Hi Gary,
I think you can find an acceptable solution to your problem. If you tell me the duration of the slide (apparently about one hour or more?) and the approximate visibility intervals of a particular frame in the ZOOM, i can try to record a video with the solution.

Paul

Gary, on the first slide make the video a master video. Add a blank slide of a suitable shorter duration and then link the video to this. You will need to move this blank to the left in the main timeline to the point where you want to edit the opacity etc. If there is still more video after this, add another blank slide and again link the video.

You will now have a shorter time duration, so it will be much easier to see the keyframes.

You can add as many blank slides and link to the master video as needed to be able to edit the keyframes.

You may need to adjust the durations of the blanks to get them to the position you need.

Also if you work with two monitors then stretch the O and A window across both to give you a wider window.

Jill

Greetings Paul and Jill,

The good news is the person who I edited the Zoom video was happy with what I had done and didn't need any further work.

However, Jill,  I am trying to understand your instructions. It seems you are thinking the portions of videos to be blocked are full screen. In this video, they are all stacked on the right side. The moderator (the third section down; man with computer in the background) starts in the third section; then moves up to the second section; then moves back to the third section.

The hard part is unblocking the second section at the right moment for the short time he has been moved up; and blocking the third section. Then, reblocking the second section and unblocking the third section when he is moved down.

Just for fun, I will keep working on it but thanks for the help. I think it would be an easy thing to do by I just can't get my brain to wrap around the process. If only the keyframes could be spread out it might be easier to do this.

But thanks for the info.

Gary

Zoom-All.thumb.jpg.503de1344256e257bce3831f7ccd8dd8.jpg