WnSoft Forums

Exe alwys starts with Black - how to change?

jkb

I am sure I have done this in the past without problems.

I have an exe with 2 slides, the first slide has zero transition time, so should come up immediately.

However a black slide is always shown, then the first image appears.

I have set both Project Options & Slide Options to have the background the same as the first image, but I still get a Black.

How do I get rid of the black.
I need to get this working for an online show in a couple of days.

Using the latest 10.0.11

Jill

Jill,

Do you mean a short flash of black (less than a second) before the first slide appears on the screen?

If yes, it always worked this way many versions of PTE.

When you run an EXE show, PTE loads 3 slides before show 1st slide on the screen. PTE should display something on the screen, this is why you see the black color.

If you add only small JPEGs (say 1024 x 768), the first slide appears almost instantly. 

HI Igor, yes it is a black flash, but seems slightly longer than 1 sec.

I have reduced the size of the image to 142kb - it is 1920x1080 & the flash is still very visible.

I would have thought that with the background set to the image it would show that rather than black.

We are running a competition online this week & I have made a short 2 slide seq to act as a timer of 1 minute to show between each entry from my Menu.
As there are 82 entries I need to play this 82 times.

I did not want the black flash to show. I am using run slideshow with return.
I cannot really include this 'timer' within the main Menu.

Jill

Jill,

OK. I will wait.

If your project contains any video clips, or audio files in WMA, OGG, M4A, FLAC formats, or images in WEBP, TIFF formats it may add a 0.5 or 1 second delay on a start of this EXE file to unpack and initialize video/audio decoders. On fast computers with a SSD drive this delay is almost invisible. On my computer this delay is less than a half of a second.

If your project uses only JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF images and MP3, WAV for audio, the show should start almost instantly (taking only time to decode first 3 slides).

If you create a MP4 video (not EXE show) all said above has no matter.