WnSoft Forums

Arizona Wildfire

mhwarner

The temperature was 100 degrees F, we have had no rain for several months and there is lots of dried vegetation. Some idiot was apparently dragging loose chains on his vehicle or trailer which sparked and resulted in this scary fire on the hillside across from my house the other night. Thankfully, a great team of firefighters from a number of different agencies was able to put it out before any serious damage was done.  I did not spend too much time on this show syncing music or  whatever but thanks to the amazing capabilities of  PTE AV I was able to quickly get something together for friends and family on my Facebook page.  Hope you enjoy it and be thankful if you don't live where such wildfires are a fact of life in the summertime. I know there's a way to directly embed the Youtube video but I can't figure it out.  If someone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it!

Scary situation for sure. Your production would certainly get the story across on FB.

I can't answer your embeding question, but I have a suggestion for future productions. 

I had difficulty reading the text during the playing, I had to stop the video to read it. Perhaps a less "fancy" script or plainer font and use a more contrasting colour might help.

Thanks JRR for your comments.  I agree with your suggestion on the text.  I was just in a hurry to complete something for my friends and keep the file size small because my internet upload connection was very slow at the time.

Mary, thanks for sharing this video. Such a fire is terrible. It’s good that the firemen were able to quickly cope. Your video is epic. I also agree about the text. It would be nice to make it more readable.

Best regards,

Aleina

Wow, very impressive !! 
I might be wrong but it seems to me you used my "pan style" for the first pictures, right ?

On 6/8/2020 at 6:18 AM, mhwarner said:
I know there's a way to directly embed the Youtube video but I can't figure it out.  If someone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it!

You have to copy/paste the long link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tec6fLiXVHY) instead of the short link like you did (https://youtu.be/Tec6fLiXVHY)

Click on your short link and once you're on the YouTube page, copy the link.
Then edit your post and replace the short link by pasted the long link. Tadaaaa, your YT video will appear immediately !

4 hours ago, thedom said:

Wow, very impressive !! 
I might be wrong but it seems to me you used my "pan style" for the first pictures, right ?

You have to copy/paste the long link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tec6fLiXVHY) instead of the short link like you did (https://youtu.be/Tec6fLiXVHY)

Click on your short link and once you're on the YouTube page, copy the link.
Then edit your post and replace the short link by pasted the long link. Tadaaaa, your YT video will appear immediately !

Thanks for the tip Dom!  I knew it was something easy that I  missed.  And yes, it was your pan style that I used for a series of shots I took with my phone.  I really like that little bit of difference that your pan style provides!  Thanks again for sharing it.

7 hours ago, mhwarner said:

Thanks for the tip Dom!  I knew it was something easy that I  missed.  And yes, it was your pan style that I used for a series of shots I took with my phone.  I really like that little bit of difference that your pan style provides!  Thanks again for sharing it.

You’re welcome! It’s a real pleasure to see my styles in action in somebody’s slideshow. Thank you for using and showing them.