WnSoft Forums

"3D text" within PTE (Back to the Future)

thedom

I red this topic in the suggestion section a few days ago about text outlines :

I totally support the idea.
And it gave me the idea to try to implement 3D text directly in PTE with of course the ability to put his own text and choose the font of his choice, color, texture, etc...
Here is a demo with a reference to a famous trilogy of the 80’s...

3 hours ago, MUR said:

Hehe, that’s exactly the same method I used. 
If you don’t think it looks like 3D, how would you call it ?

Henry, Bruno, thank you. It’s only an example to illustrate what one can do. With work, imagination and correctly used, Igor and his team really gave us everything we need to make interesting and creative things.

Thanks for sharing this Denis.  I downloaded your slideshow. 
Access to your « how to » is allowed only to members.
I hope there is no misunderstanding with this 3D text topic.
I do not claim to be the creator of this technique within PTE.
What I can say is that this is something that I have been trying to do for a long time (see this video from 2009 with a clumsy first attempt). I realized it was possible to have a much nicer result by chance without knowing somebody else did it.

I had to stop using PTE and visit this forum for about 8 years for health reasons. Thanks to confinement (!) I got over it.
During all these years, I imagine that many new things have been created with new versions of PTE.
 My goal today is really to share with the community, exchange tips and have fun together.

By selecting all the text layers it makes it easy to edit the text. There is the limitation of not being able to rotate X or Y axis more than about 75 deg. before the individual  layers become noticeable. This is a good 3D text option until maybe someday an object depth feature (Zoom Z?) is available.

Thanks,
Tom

Depth feature would be great and that’s the user friendly solution we need 

for now, if you have time and want a better result, the layers can be multiplied instead of 1 layer for each increment on the Z axis, you can put 2 or 3 Layers.